Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink I Spy Swap - Signup Closed

I am looking to start a 5" I Spy charm swap, looking for 40 members to submit 40 squares of 3 different quilt quality fabrics. Letís make this one with pink in the blocks somewhere so the blankets can be made for little girls. Next time we will do blue for boys.

In your packet you should enclose:

1. 40 squares each of 3 different fabrics washed, ironed and in zip lock bags with a label with your name and address on it for safe transportation. PLEASE include your board name on your package so I'll know who to give proper credit to. Thank you. The fabric should be 100% cotton.

2. I am going to use the little boxes from the post office to send them back in so all you have to do is include the postage and an address label and I will take care of the rest.

3. I would like to receive all packages by April 15th and then I will sort and mail out squares back to you by May 1st. When you are ready to send in your squares please PM me and I will send you my snail mail address for you to send me all that lovely material.

I think I could handle this...sent you a pm.

Sign me up for 2 sets.
    Thanks!

Hello sign me up to please.

Power Poster
    I would like to play

Please include me in this

I want to be in on this!

If you've posted to this thread to be added, feel safe in knowing that you have been added. We are up to 8 people. Only 32 more to go. Hope we get them. We have plenty of time so am sure we will.

Quote Originally Posted by ReRe
    I am looking to start a 5" I Spy charm swap, looking for 40 members to submit 40 squares of 3 different quilt quality fabrics. Letís make this one with pink in the blocks somewhere so the blankets can be made for little girls. Next time we will do blue for boys.

In your packet you should enclose:

1. 40 squares each of 3 fabrics (washed, ironed and in zip lock bags for safe transportation), INCLUDE your screen name on your package, thank you. The fabric should be 100% cotton.

2. Self addressed stamped envelope for return of your set of squares. (If doing more than one set the Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box accommodates two sets and ships for $4.95)

Sandi (sdparent) asked me to take these over for her and since her last I Spy Swap is almost done I am going ahead and starting this one. I will be the one doing the I Spy Swaps from now on.

I would like to receive all packages by April 1st and will sort and mail out squares by April 15th. Please PM me your address so I can add you to the list and send you my mailing address.
    Sign me up for 2 sets please.
    There is a sale on at our fabric store here this weekend for member;s only.. 40% off.. That's like music to my ears.. I could use some pinks in my material!

I would love to do this.. I am all excited about the boy version too lol.. Count me in for one set for now please :) Thanks for hosting! I will send the pm

Blog Entries
    so if i'm reading this right we are just sending in 5" squares, no sewing, (3)sets of 40 each...(120) squares total, all pink?
    i would like to participate...pm with vitals on the way :)

These are I spy blocks so the fabric has to have some thing to spy on it and it has to have a little pink in it also. Right?!

Ohhh yeah! I'm in!

(On another note, I would say have all packages to you maybe by April 15th if sign-up is April 1st, rather than sign-up and receipt deadlines being the same day. Sorry for nit-picking, trying to be helpful!)

I hadn't thought of that. I will go in and change the date. This is my first swap so am getting all the bugs worked out in it. next one will run much smoother.

I'm going to Atlanta this weekend, so maybe I can find some cool fabrics to use. I'll let you know on Wednesday if I'm in for sure, but I don't see any reason why not.

I have two fabrics that are perfect for this I just have to find one more. I will just have to shop at my LQS today.
    Put me down for 1 set.

I am thinking about doing this swap. Is it pink fabric or does it have to have animals, etc. as in other I-Spy swaps? Thanks.

I would love to participate.

As long as the block has pink in it somewhere it does not matter to me ... the idea is for kids so keep that in mind but other than that have fun.

Only 9 days to go till ya'll get to start sending me all those lovely stacks of pink fabric. I think I get the best deal out of this whole thing. Have fun and enjoy yourself with the swap. That's what it is all about. :thumbup:

Mine went out yesterday!
    Only 9 days to go till ya'll get to start sending me all those lovely stacks of pink fabric. I think I get the best deal out of this whole thing. Have fun and enjoy yourself with the swap. that's what it is all about. :thumbup:

I would like to participate also.

Thanks!
    Ellen Powers

Only 9 days to go till ya'll get to start sending me all those lovely stacks of pink fabric. I think I get the best deal out of this whole thing. Have fun and enjoy yourself with the swap. that's what it is all about. :thumbup:
    I thought these weren't due until April 15th...that's over a month away..am I wrong? Did the date change and I missed the memo??

No, you didn't miss the memo. Sign up closes on 1 April and all packages are due to me no later than 15 April. I just realized I had my math wrong when I said 9 days left and it is ... as of right now ... 25 days left until sign up closes. Just goes to show that even the best of us can be wrong. I humbly get down on my poor arthritic knees and beg forgiveness to all who were affected by my mistake .

BTW, all who have asked to be put on the list have been put on the list and will receive appropriate notices when I send them out.

how many people have joined so far?

We currently have 16 people without me signing up. I'll pitch in if needed to make sure everyone gets the right amount of blocks. And that number all depends on how many people sign up. Ideally, everyone should get 120 different blocks back but if we don't get 40 people signed up we will have some repeats. Me, I am banking on more people joining up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast