Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Postage up for swappers today

Blog Entries

Postage up for swappers today

Rate increases to $7.20 for our flat rate padded envelopes going US Priority Mail as of Jan 24, 2017. Our Swapping Hosts will need you to send them $7.20 instead of the $6.85 or whatever they quoted when their swap began. Let's not leave them short the return postage to us. They work hard enough! Jane

I am Member of another Swap Group on line...Swap-bot. I have made crochet dishcloths as well as quilted pot holders and quilted Mug Rugs... I send then in the large heavy Kraft paper envies. I put the item into a large ziplock baggie with a card with name and address as well as my return address, seal shut - Flat and into the Kraft envie., tape shut with packing tape on all edges and 1 time across the middle of envie. I can add Tracking if I want to... I have never had any go missing or envies get ripped open... and it goes as a large Flat envie/postage. as long as its not too thick.. and if you want to get creative you can send your smaller items in a Cake or Brownie or Cracker box. Just use a White Label and Your Return address label and cross out the upc code lines.. Seal with packing tape... At the Post Office the Clerk tries to guess what I am sending out to my Swap Partner.... they get a kick out of my Recycled packaging....
    Friend who can share your laughter and tears are the only ones you need.

yes, I checked on postage rates before posting our latest I Spy Swap and was surprised to find rates went up. I wish the USPS site had given me that info when I checked earlier in the month!
    One day, when I am frayed and strained and drizzle at the end, please someone cut a square and put me in a quilt that I might keep a child comforted.

Winter I Spy Swap

Unfortunately the rise in postage may discourage some swappers. I appreciate the tips on how to ship. Thanks

postage is cheaper if you print online through Paypal or other sites.