Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   *****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A10%22-layer-cake-batik-swap-quick-turnaround-%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A-t74469.html)

Qbee 11-05-2010 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Originally Posted by Qbee

Originally Posted by Qbee
Okay....I've never done these because I was thinking "so, I'd be swapping one fabric for another"?? But it just dawned on me (no jokes about how slow I am here) that you send in ONE color but get back 12....is that right??? Cause that would be like SO COOL!! LOL...let me know. Thanks!!

Yes you send in 12 squares (10+inches) of ONE fabric and you get back 12 squares (10+inches ) of TWELVE different batiks.. that is if no one duplicates your fabric OR we dont have enough swappers...

Well that is just TOO COOL!!! I had no idea! OK...so I'm in! :D My LQS has some beautiful batiks :D

Please PM me:
Board name,
How many sets you're doing
aprox when you plan ship your package
Your mailing address
so I can add you to the list and send you my mailing address.

Any questions please pm me.. I'll be happy to assist..When I get this info I'll add you to the swap list..

I just PMed you! :D

moonrise 11-05-2010 08:59 PM

PM'ed you! I'll be doing 6 sets. :-D Batiks are YUMMY! :thumbup:

sc-sunshine 11-06-2010 04:14 AM

Is there one fabric designer better than another with batiks?

Originally Posted by moonrise
Dumb question ... What is meant by "festive" batiks?

Thanks! :)

Ha got y'all thinking... Anything that makes you happy when you see it.. Bright- bold -crazy... Really any batik will do..

kriscraft99 11-06-2010 04:33 AM

I just pm'd you. I'll be doing 2 sets

Kris

moonrise 11-06-2010 05:30 AM

If anyone likes charm packs rather than layer cakes, remember that each 10" square can be cut into four 5" charms! :mrgreen:

kriscraft99 11-06-2010 05:39 AM

I didn't even think about that - thanks :)

I just love your quote moonrise

If anyone likes charm packs rather than layer cakes, remember that each 10" square can be cut into four 5" charms! :mrgreen:

Pat P 11-06-2010 07:18 AM

trying to sign up for luvTooquilt swap am new and no experience how do I PM?

luvTooQuilt 11-06-2010 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by sc-sunshine
Is there one fabric designer better than another with batiks?

Dumb question ... What is meant by "festive" batiks?

Thanks! :)

Ha got y'all thinking... Anything that makes you happy when you see it.. Bright- bold -crazy... Really any batik will do..

Uhm.. I don't know really.. I just buy what I like, love and cant be without.. Use your best judgment..

Just remember these are .........UNWASHED BATIKS....

luvTooQuilt 11-06-2010 07:26 AM

Yes that is correct. that is another reason why it is very important to be VERY ACCURATE or if anyone is unsure of their cutting give an extra 1/4 inch around for just in case..

Thanks moonrise .. Great information..

luvTooQuilt 11-06-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pat P
trying to sign up for luvTooquilt swap am new and no experience how do I PM?

Pat..

roll curser over my board name ... luvTooQuilt..
click when highlighted..
it will take you to another screen.. click on 'send/write pm.'
it will take you to another screen..
there you will leave me a pm..