Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   *****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A10%22-layer-cake-batik-swap-quick-turnaround-%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A-t74469.html)

lindyline 12-13-2010 12:34 PM

Still not there, but usually takes around 10 - 12 days to get here. Will let you know when it shows up. thanks again for being such a great host Linda.

luvTooQuilt 12-13-2010 04:21 PM

Yikes.!!! I told her it was a 'gift' but there was a section for value so I valued her package at $25.. Sorry Lindyline.. If you join the next swap let me know what to put where on the form..

Originally Posted by gaigai

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
It was my very first 'international' package so hopefully I did everything right.. I had the Postal lady help me.. I told her it was a gift and put a value on it..Let me know when it arrives..

This is just an FYI for anyone who mails internationally. We found some things out the hard way during the first IRR, plus I mail internationally to a couple of QMB members. Since there is no income tax outside of the US, there is pretty much a tax on EVERYTHING, including packages received. If you put a value of more than about $5.00 on something, (including insurance) the RECIPIENT must pay a VAT (Value Added Tax) in order to receive it. I sent a package to Canada, and insured it for $200.00. The recipient had to pay $40.00 Canadian, (about $50.00 US) to get it. So the best value is under $10.00, unless you include cash in the package to pay for any taxes.

This is just a heads-up for anyone who is going to send internationally.

luvTooQuilt 12-13-2010 04:22 PM

So did everyone get their packages??

Momma_K 12-13-2010 04:35 PM

I did and LOVE it! Beautiful colors and can't wait until the next swap!!

gaigai 12-13-2010 06:21 PM

Yikes.!!! I told her it was a 'gift' but there was a section for value so I valued her package at $25.. Sorry Lindyline.. If you join the next swap let me know what to put where on the form..

Hopefully she won't have to pay any VAT for it. We'll keep our fingers crossed! Even if she does, it should be less than $10.00.

Next time, either put gift with zero value, or put like give & $5.00.

gardner 12-14-2010 08:25 AM

Yes and thank you so much... I'm going to lay them out tonite and look at them... this was fun! Been baking holiday cookies and trying to get ahead at work to take a few days off over new years so my packets are still 'un opened' and a surprise for me... i can only see the ones on the outsides and they are beautiful...

luvTooQuilt 12-15-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by gardner

Yes and thank you so much... I'm going to lay them out tonite and look at them... this was fun! Been baking holiday cookies and trying to get ahead at work to take a few days off over new years so my packets are still 'un opened' and a surprise for me... i can only see the ones on the outsides and they are beautiful...

Hee hee, how funny and what will power you have!!!

Momma_K 12-16-2010 11:46 AM

So LUV, have you decided on our next theme?! Just wondering and excited! I like your suggestion on one yard of our choice!! But it's up to you, I'm game for anything!

luvTooQuilt 12-16-2010 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
So LUV, have you decided on our next theme?! Just wondering and excited! I like your suggestion on one yard of our choice!! But it's up to you, I'm game for anything!

Its going to be "Stash Busters 10.5 inch Layer cake swap " - a yard of unwashed fabric from your very own stash.. ! I figured we needed a spending break just after the holidays.. lol.. :lol: I'll post the swap the first week in January 2011- another quick turnaround as It seems to work out the best for most, including me... I decided to make it 10.5 as most of us- including me- will be making projects from 10 inch squares and we could cut down to size. A few in the Batik swap were not quite up to the 10in measurements and had to be unswapped so this way 10.5 is more than adequate for the required 10 in blocks especially if your unsure of your rotary cutting abilities..

I am so happy to have received positive interest in my future swaps- I will continue to have them until they are no longer fun for me- but no worries, Im truly having a blast being Hostess!!!

Happy Holidays everyone!!! And happy quilting!!!

~ Everyone get their Packages?

Momma_K 12-16-2010 10:09 PM

Hey thats great!! I want to do more than 2 this time!! Thank you for letting us know, it gives some of us something to look forward to since we aren't doing to much these days. I don't get to much company, family is all I have for the most part and they have their own families, so this board fills a great void for me.
Thank you again so much for doing it... :lol: