Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   *****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A10%22-layer-cake-batik-swap-quick-turnaround-%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A-t74469.html)

gaigai 11-28-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Do i really have to send these back to ya'll?? On second thought, you guys would absolutely hate these.. uhm, yea that it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.. these are all horrible.. Uhm, so, uhm, Can I keep them all now?? :roll:

Well hey, I had to give it a shot.. :?

Well, I suppose you can try, but remember, we all have your address!

:shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

luvTooQuilt 11-28-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug

Originally Posted by maine ladybug

Originally Posted by Qbee
Cool!! I'm so excited. I'm sorry you got mine after Thanksgiving :( I sent it UPS and they said you would get it the Wed. before Thanksgiving...oh well....it is there and that's all I care about! :D

Well It was sitting on my front porch. so to their defense it very well could of been delivered before turkey day.. lol.. I do have a question on your postage.. Ill pm you later about it..

I'm opening and organizing the fabrics today...only opened maybe a third of them so far... but, OMG what i did open WOW, these are soooooooo beautiful.. I cannot imagine anyone would be disappointed in any of these batiks.. I love them...

I have to throw out a big laugh and a huge thank you to JANECAT.. She sent me a whole roll of scotch tape for those of you who couldn't find an adhesive return mailing label.. Thanks JANECAT for thinking of me and others!!!!

Maybe, and I mean maybe, Ill tease you all with a pic or two tonight... LOL....

Well, I'm off to fondle and sort some batiks..

:thumbup:

Oh, you are the lucky one!! Have fun with the batiks while you can!

Do i really have to send these back to ya'll?? On second thought, you guys would absolutely hate these.. uhm, yea that it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.. these are all horrible.. Uhm, so, uhm, Can I keep them all now?? :roll:

NO,NO, NO YOU CAN'T KEEP THEM ALL!!! We want some too!!! Please send us some too!!!!

ok fine.. but only if i have to.. lol... :cry:

You guys are gonna love these batiks.. I didn't see one I hated even a lil bit..- good sign ladies.. :thumbup: they are so beautiful.. I'm having a blast looking at them.. I have yet to pet them, I'm just sorting your baggies into groups that will be swapped.. there will be 8 groups and unfortunately you may be getting one of your squares back.. Im still trying to figure out a way not to, (other than me buying an addt'l 8 yds of fabric and cutting them up.. ) but if that's all that goes wrong then I am one happy camper..

Thank you soooooooo much for the swap mommy gifts!!!! Greatly appreciated. I love them.. The stationary gift set- Love it.. The extra fabrics- absolutely beautiful and will be used in my next couple of projects.. And thank you so much for the added revenue my dinky post office will receive from those who sent in cash for postage and Delivery confirmation.. Whoo hoo, thank you..

Thanks again for joining this swap.. !!!

luvTooQuilt 11-28-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Well, I suppose you can try, but remember, we all have your address!

:shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awe Man... :(

maine ladybug 11-28-2010 07:41 PM

You are a gracious host and we appreciate all you are doing.
Thanks again.

Momma_K 11-28-2010 08:27 PM

LUVS Said >>>I'm just sorting your baggies into groups that will be swapped.. there will be 8 groups and unfortunately you may be getting one of your squares back.. Im still trying to figure out a way not to, (other than me buying an addt'l 8 yds of fabric and cutting them up.. ) but if that's all that goes wrong then I am one happy camper..<<<

Hey, hope you don't have to buy any extra! If you have to give any of us ours back it's ok, I'll do one of mine. It's so kind of you already to do what you're doing. I wouldn't have the nerve to...to complicating!

EC 11-29-2010 06:23 AM

I didn't have any batiks in my stash, and needed to buy the recommended amount in order to swap. Getting one of my own back would be great as there wasn't any extra after cutting.

luvTooQuilt 11-29-2010 01:05 PM

Well I officially have ALL the swapper squares.. tonight I will begin swapping group one of eight.. if I have time Ill do more..

As for getting one of you own that might be a good possibility...

Rebecca VLQ 11-29-2010 06:02 PM

I'm 27526, rec'd on 11/20!

(sorry...just found the thread!)

luvTooQuilt 11-30-2010 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a sneak peek of my fabrics for this swap..

Did you guys have a hard time as I did squaring them with the grain so they were not wonky?!?!?!?! ?? Wow, what a pain that was..

Festive Batiks!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136262[/ATTACH]

Qbee 11-30-2010 01:03 PM

Wow!! Those are beautiful!!! I got so nervous cutting mine that I just cut them to 10 and 1/4 just in case!
So are you still petting all of the samples....LOL! :D
How many repeats did you get??

here's a sneak peek of my fabrics for this swap..

Did you guys have a heard time as I did squaring them with the grain so they were not wonky?!?!?!?! ?? Wow, what a pain that was..