Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   *****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A10%22-layer-cake-batik-swap-quick-turnaround-%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A-t74469.html)

luvTooQuilt 11-30-2010 01:06 PM

As for repeats.. I think I possibly have one.. Yuppers and thats a maybe too.. If I work it right they wont be in the same group!!! I cut mine 10.5.. I had a dickens of a time getting them on the grain..

Originally Posted by Qbee
Wow!! Those are beautiful!!! I got so nervous cutting mine that I just cut them to 10 and 1/4 just in case!
So are you still petting all of the samples....LOL! :D
How many repeats did you get??

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
here's a sneak peek of my fabrics for this swap..

Did you guys have a heard time as I did squaring them with the grain so they were not wonky?!?!?!?! ?? Wow, what a pain that was..

gardner 11-30-2010 01:12 PM

As for repeats.. I think I possibly have one.. Yuppers and thats a maybe too.. If I work it right they wont be in the same group!!! I cut mine 10.5.. I had a dickens of a time getting them on the grain..

Wow!! Those are beautiful!!! I got so nervous cutting mine that I just cut them to 10 and 1/4 just in case!
So are you still petting all of the samples....LOL! :D
How many repeats did you get??

here's a sneak peek of my fabrics for this swap..

Did you guys have a heard time as I did squaring them with the grain so they were not wonky?!?!?!?! ?? Wow, what a pain that was..

I too cut them all at 10 1/2"... the fabrics in your picture and absolutely beautiful... WOW! I'm such a blue person, that this swap will force me to delve into something really fun and bold with such variety. Thank you for your time to do this for us...

Qbee 11-30-2010 01:12 PM

As for repeats.. I think I possibly have one.. Yuppers and thats a maybe too.. If I work it right they wont be in the same group!!!

OMGosh.....that is incredible! With all those batiks it is amazing that you didn't get TONS of repeats you know!
Have fun playing with them and thanks again for doing suck a fun swap!!

Momma_K 11-30-2010 01:47 PM

Were there many of us that sent the same print?! I'm so excited to see them!

Qbee 11-30-2010 01:49 PM

That's what I just asked, about repeats, and evidently there weren't many! Isn't that incredible!!! SO much fun!

Originally Posted by Momma_K

Momma_K 11-30-2010 02:04 PM

That's what I just asked, about repeats, and evidently there weren't many! Isn't that incredible!!! SO much fun!

Ah! I missed that! Ok thats so cool!

luvTooQuilt 11-30-2010 02:16 PM

Ah! I missed that! Ok thats so cool!

only one repeat and seriously you cant even tell since its a multicolored batik.. No one would of noticed if I hadn't said anything.. lol Whoops.. :oops:

luvTooQuilt 11-30-2010 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im looking for ya'll to make this call..

Continue to swap or return unswapped.. I am not going to measure all of them so it will be the luck of the draw if we decide to continue swapping.. ..

PM ME ONLY>>> do not reply on this thread..

9 7/8...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136358[/ATTACH]

gaigai 11-30-2010 02:58 PM

Y'all don't have to vote, I'll fess up. Those are mine, and I would prefer they were returned. I thought I was being so careful to cut everything 10 1/4 inches to avoid just that problem. I do apologize, to everyone. :oops: :oops:

Qbee 11-30-2010 03:15 PM

Oh no....bless your heart :( I'm so sorry they didn't measure out correctly for you. I am so new at all this I'm always nervous when I do swaps.

Originally Posted by gaigai
Y'all don't have to vote, I'll fess up. Those are mine, and I would prefer they were returned. I thought I was being so careful to cut everything 10 1/4 inches to avoid just that problem. I do apologize, to everyone. :oops: :oops: