Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ~~~ IRR3~~~ Group 13~~~ Northern Lights (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%7E%7E%7E-irr3%7E%7E%7E-group-13%7E%7E%7E-northern-lights-t59714.html)

Gwyn 04-09-2011 07:08 PM

I think it will be fine. Not at all like the holidays. So many people file on line now. Anyway, our packages are bigger than most tax envelopes...I hope.

How is everyone coming on their borders? I can't wait to see them. Mine just needs its picture taken and then I can post it.

wendsy 04-10-2011 07:43 AM

I've been playing with ideas-I think I've settled on a braid, but then again something else might pop in my mind first-I will be deciding this week! It's not due in the mail until Fri!

Gwyn 04-10-2011 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Star's center with my 6" border. What do you think?

Star's Center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182233[/ATTACH]

Leota 04-10-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Here is Star's center with my 6" border. What do you think?

Gwyn, I think you goofed ... this round is suppose to be a 7" border. :(.... But it's still lovely.

Gwyn 04-10-2011 01:12 PM

Are you sure? This is the 3rd round on this center. The first was 3", second 5", third 6", 4th round is 7" and the 5th is 8". I was confused so I measured the round Dawn added and it was exactly 5". I guess I can take the white off and cut something wider. I'll think on it. I know I have more of the fabrics. :-~

Leota 04-10-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Are you sure? This is the 3rd round on this center. The first was 3", second 5", third 6", 4th round is 7" and the 5th is 8". I was confused so I measured the round Dawn added and it was exactly 5". I guess I can take the white off and cut something wider. I'll think on it. I know I have more of the fabrics. :-~

You're right ....I'm wrong :oops: I'm sorry.... was sure that we were 5" 7" and 8".... it's 5", 6", 7" and 8".... this is round three right....
I'm so confused... I now have to make a 6 inch block... I have one but I'm thinking about taking it apart and put it back together in a different arrangement. I made three blocks to get to the 7" and I had it right with the first block.... I'm going to mark off each round as I complete it so I don't confused anymore....
I really like the way the diagonal piano keys add motion to this top...and it pulls the colors from the four patches into the piano keys :D

lindyline 04-10-2011 02:36 PM

Wow, what an appropriate border for this centre. Looks great!!

Leota 04-10-2011 04:41 PM

Well drats!.... I've had to change my border idea again...because i can't get the final block to come out the "right" size, I'm turning it on point but now can't find the right background fabric that compliments both the block and the existing top... All this fabric in my stash and not one yard of the right color... and all stores are closed... I have to wait till tomorrow to audition fabrics....

Gwyn 04-10-2011 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Wow, what an appropriate border for this centre. Looks great!!

Thanks Lindy.

Gwyn 04-10-2011 06:48 PM

Leota: Don't get too upset. It doesn't need to be finished until Friday. You will find exactly the right thing if you just relax a little. Put it away for today and tackle it tomorrow. It will be just fine. No worries.