Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5” swap – Let’s Make “Charming Addition”! ***Sign up closes June 5, 2013*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5%94-swap-%96-let%92s-make-%93charming-addition%94-%2A%2A%2Asign-up-closes-june-5-2013%2A%2A%2A-t221093.html)

Fraew 05-16-2013 05:16 AM

@barri: I have space issues too and kids!

I have a flannel backed plastic table cover that I picked up from the $ store. I applied sticky backed Velcro to the plastic side and did the same thing to the top of a window sill (hidden from everyday view).

Normally, I use it (plastic side up) to keep the dust off of my fabric cutter. When I need a design wall, I Velcro it up. Voila!

dottie dodge 05-16-2013 06:56 AM

[QUOTE=Fraew;

I have a flannel backed plastic table cover that I picked up from the $ store. I applied sticky backed Velcro to the plastic side and did the same thing to the top of a window sill (hidden from everyday view).

[/QUOTE]

I had planned to buy a cheap flannel top sheet to hang as a design board but a flannel backed tablecloth would have better stability.

barri1 05-16-2013 11:10 AM

I like the idea of putting up a flannel sheet, but think I might want to put it over the bed, as there will be more room on it.. I was also thinking of using scotch tape to put the squares on . I can't get to the window sill, as my cutting table is against it and the radiator is there. I don't care what people would think if they saw it hanging up in the bedroom, as this place looks like a grenade went off in a fabric store, and they have to take me for whom I am, and not that I don't clean well..

kele 05-16-2013 06:47 PM

Sounds like a great swap! I'm in for 20 sets. Sending a PM.

dottie dodge 05-16-2013 08:24 PM

berri1, what is it about sewing that makes it so hard to keep things neat. My sewing room looks like a grenade went off in it too. But I know where to find everything! LOL

barri1 05-17-2013 02:34 AM

I can think of a bunch of reasons why I can't keep it neat.. I'm a slob. I work over fifty hours a week. I have a dog that the snippets travel on his hair. I'm in a one bedroom apartment. I'm working on four of the same quilts for my staff. I don't like wasting fabric, and save my scraps for other quilting projects. I like buying quilting supplies when they are on sale. I have everything organized, so I don't have to look hard for anything, but .. If I am working on something, and have to stop to get ready for a swap, things get left out, and put on hold. I also have stuff that I am working on for work, that I alternate doing while I am cutting. I have fabric that gets ironed on my kitchen counter, as I don't want to leave an ironing board out. Of course I like to leave the ironed fabric out to dry a little before I cut it.. I can go on, but I'm thinking that I would love to buy a two bedroom apartment to have the freedom of containing everything..

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-17-2013 04:25 AM

Quilting supplies are like expanding foam insulation. They grow to fill every space available. Getting a bigger sewing room pretty much guarantees buying more quilting stuff and still being in a clutter.

Yankeegirl 05-17-2013 06:50 AM

Well I originally said 9 sets but I now have 25 lol. Been cutting away in between other projects. Now I don't feel like such a newbie :). Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Fraew 05-17-2013 11:53 AM

Update...if I missed anything, please let me know:

1. Fraew - 30 sets
2. SheriR - 30 sets
3. creatfourpaws - 30 sets
4. Grandma Di - 10 sets
5. barri1 - 30 sets
6. sustraley - 30 sets
7. dottie dodge - 30
8. moonrise - 30
9. Yankeegirl - 25
10. Darcene - 30
11. jojo4 - 30
12. jarenie - 30
13. KayMarie - 16
14. KatFish - 30
15. nls - 30
16. mollymunchkin - 16
17. quiltinghere -
18. JudyVA - 15
19. benndm - 30
20. Mamaskeeto - 10
21. Lisa_wanna_b_quilter - 15
22. quiltingdragon - 30
23. nurse bonnie - 30
24. Honchey - 30
25. kele - 20

HuskerQuilter 05-18-2013 01:26 PM

I've not heard anybody mention batiks...I have started cutting a bunch of batiks, and wonder if "all batiks" is an option? I'm cutting myself a set as well, and think an all batik charming addition would be awesome. Let me know if anybody else thinks so, as I think when I sign up I'll do all batiks to send. Never been in one of these swaps before, but started cutting today...and could probably cut enough for all of you!! (too much fabric hanging around, and not enough hours in the day)