Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5” swap – Let’s Make “Charming Addition”! ***Sign up closes June 5, 2013*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5%94-swap-%96-let%92s-make-%93charming-addition%94-%2A%2A%2Asign-up-closes-june-5-2013%2A%2A%2A-t221093.html)

HuskerQuilter 05-18-2013 03:06 PM

One more thing....if you have a String Quilt on your bucket list (google images of string quilts)? As long as you have that piece of fabric unfolded to cut a strip off for the charms, you might as well cut a couple of strips for a string quilt and set them aside in a basket...saves getting them all out again! String quilt strips can be anywhere from 3/4 to 2 inches wide...I usually do 1 inch up to 1 3/4 inchers...makes a good variety. That's the one thing about scrappy quilts..boy do I tend to make a mess getting out so many fabrics! FUN FUN FUN time though.

barri1 05-18-2013 03:43 PM

I'm almost finished cutting, and am having so much fun. Since I started cutting, it seems that the fabric has invaded all parts of the apartment.. Ughhh.. I am saving the pieces for a string quilt. I also came up with another idea.. Since I have been in a couple of swaps lately, I didn't know what to do with the bags that the squares came in. If they were in good shape, and I got the label off, they are going into this swap.. I hated to waste them.. If anyone objects. Please let me know..

Honchey 05-18-2013 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have 15 sets cut & packaged with fabric pressed and ready to cut for the rest...
One of the members of another group here on the Board sent me a surprise....25 different sets of 5.....I mentioned that I was doing this swap with the quilt in mind and she wanted to help me out... That was so nice of her to do that...
I now have around 75 sets...Anyone know offhand how many we need for the quilt???

SheriR 05-18-2013 05:52 PM

Wow what a great Charming group we have! I'm just getting home from watching Princess golf at Nationals in Florida. We drove there Wednesday, hiked the course Thursday/Friday and driving home today. Whirlwind trip!! BUT (if I can brag) her team took 2nd in Division III NCAA!!! It was so pro! There was a guy following the girls with a score sign! AND out of some 120 players, my daughter took 7th and made AllAmerican!!! It's such a huge deal we are still pinching ourselves!

So now back to sewing and cutting and work, until Wednesday when my girls and I go to visit family in Idaho for a week!

Two questions I saw...Batiks! We all love them. A Charming Batik would be fabulous!

And-I looked back in the thread Fraew posted the link too. Ube Quilting used 343 different fabrics in her quilt and her finished flimsy is 80"x80". :D

Fraew 05-18-2013 06:00 PM

@HuskerQuilter: all batiks? Oh my that will be gorgeous when you finish.

Moonrise wins the Speedy Gonzales award! The package of 30 arrived today.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-18-2013 06:07 PM

343 different fabrics?!?!?! We're going to need another round to get there. :D

moonrise 05-18-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 6071943)
@HuskerQuilter: all batiks? Oh my that will be gorgeous when you finish.

Moonrise wins the Speedy Gonzales award! The package of 30 arrived today.

Yay! Glad they arrived safely. I liked to NEVER squeezed them all into that envelope! LOL! ;)

CyndyK 05-18-2013 07:14 PM

OK, ladies. I've been contemplating joining this swap for about a week now. I've admired the Charming Addition quilt for some time now and I'm ready to take the first step. I'm in for 30 sets.

Fraew 05-18-2013 07:38 PM

Welcome CyndyK!

quiltinghere 05-18-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6071958)
343 different fabrics?!?!?! We're going to need another round to get there. :D

Another swap would put us close!

Nan