Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

barbarakibler23 02-22-2013 07:53 AM

thanks Gloria

Originally Posted by sewmany (Post 5879798)
Barb
received my march list. And all 30 sets of baggies cut and ready to mail to the birthday ladies.
ty for keeping up with this.

barbarakibler23 02-22-2013 07:59 AM

well thanks for the updates...sounds like a lot of work getting done here.
I am going out of town for the weekend (my sister-in-law has cancer and have not given her much time) so want to go be with them. I will check back on Sunday.
Monday I will do another contest................
I am bring my 12 x 12 mat and my cutter and fabric that is all ironed and ready to go...I hopefully will get some cutting done in the car. :)
Have a great weekend.

Barb

Jannie 02-22-2013 11:30 AM

Oh, Barb, I am impressed in you can cut in the car. It is hard enough for me to do it on a steady table.

Jannie 02-22-2013 11:32 AM

Does any one know if you leave the 'candy' in the Pess'n'Seal wrap for 6 months to a year, will the stick residue transfer to the fabric? I hate to get it all packaged and then find ithe wrap has ruined it.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-22-2013 11:35 AM

Cut in the car!!!! Good grief. I'm lucky to cut on the table and not create a wonky mess.

carrot 02-22-2013 05:26 PM

Jannie I have recieved squares in press'n seal before and I personally did not like it. As I pulled the press'n seal off it pulled off threads, Just my opinion..........

Originally Posted by Jannie (Post 5880557)
Does any one know if you leave the 'candy' in the Pess'n'Seal wrap for 6 months to a year, will the stick residue transfer to the fabric? I hate to get it all packaged and then find ithe wrap has ruined it.

Lstew2212 02-22-2013 06:53 PM

I am waiting patiently for March to arrive. I am so excited to send my B Day cards and squares. I only have March cut out, but I am about halfway done cutting for the rest of the year. I wish I had the accuquilt go as this has the die for the 2.5 inch squares. I have the accuquilt go baby, still love my cutter though.

oneteappot 02-22-2013 07:03 PM

Cutting in the car, I am impressed! I would surely end up cutting my leg off!
LOL!

Jannie 02-23-2013 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by carrot (Post 5881184)
Jannie I have recieved squares in press'n seal before and I personally did not like it. As I pulled the press'n seal off it pulled off threads, Just my opinion..........

Didn't think about it sticking but that certainly makes sense. I will change to regular wrap for all others that have not been wrapped.

SheriR 02-23-2013 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 5874846)
the envelope is 6 x 8

Hubby was going to the store and asked if I needed anything, I said, a box 30 of 6x8 envelopes. :D

I also agree that Press n Seal is NASTy. It was so hard for me to get it off boom blocks I received. I had some and used it for my blocks just because I had it, but I tried to fold anything I was sending with the seams inside so the Press N Seal goo didn't grab is and fight with the threads... I hate to think what it would do to these little scraps of "candy"