Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

oneteappot 05-10-2013 06:20 AM

Barb,
I am so sorry for your loss. I am going through it too. My favorite BIL passed away very unexpectedly last Friday. It has been a trying week. I am sure you know the feeling. My prayers are with you and your family at this time.
Hugs and prayers,
Laurel

Honchey 05-10-2013 07:43 AM

Oh My Goodness.....What a nice surprise I had when I woke up this morning..DH went to the post office to pick up our mail that's been on hold for a month and in the box was 9 envelopes of Birthday Candy...I haven't opened them yet...I will do that later on today after I unpack....I want to to be able to "savor" them undisturbed....I can't wait until later....I will list the names then..Thanks all of you!!!

Honchey 05-10-2013 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone, I have received "Candy" and cards from:
JNCT14
SheriR
Mitcham
Marybrace
ABDC
GoldenDog 55
WandaLo
Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Lstew2212
AHwu

All the fabric is so pretty & cute..just love them all...can't wait to "play"..
The cards make it an extra special birthday....Thank You!!!

AWhu...Other than my son, I've never had a card made for me before....It's so very pretty...Thank You
I'm going to frame it

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-11-2013 03:14 AM

Great picture, Honchey! It looks like a great candy assortment.

SheriR 05-11-2013 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6057237)
Great picture, Honchey! It looks like a great candy assortment.

Wow! Doesn't it look fun! And it isn't even half of our deliveries. Happy Birthday June BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!! :D

JNCT14 05-11-2013 08:32 AM

Hppy Birthday Honchey! BTW quick update. I have the binding ready to go on my wedding quilt gift and I have 5 blocks for my suprise quilt. I pinned them to my design board. They make me smile when I look at them!

Honchey 05-11-2013 07:19 PM

I received another "Birthday Candy" today from Jannie...Thank you so much! What I can't get over is how many different fabric designs/patterns there are in this world...
JnCT14, Thanks for the hex template..I can't wait to start using it...

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-11-2013 08:32 PM

Honchey, I agree about the number of fabric designs out there. In all the candy swaps I've done, I have gotten very, very few duplicate pieces of candy. I love to look at the little pieces of fabric and wonder what the sender has made with them.

JNCT14 05-12-2013 05:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok had to share - I finished the wedding gift quilt. I think it came out well, espcally the FMQ. So while I am waiting for the blocks for the surprise quilt, I will start the baby quilts I have in queue.

Honchey 05-12-2013 07:28 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm going on the road again....this time with my sister whose birthday ia this month as well ...we are going to share it together in AC....so...I'll be absent for a few days...see you on Thursday..