Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

marybrace 07-23-2013 06:57 PM

Congratulations quiltingdragon.....

JNCT14 07-24-2013 01:01 AM

Go quiltingdragon!! Sorry guys small crisis on another swap and I have to be an angel so been designing and sewing in betwen job searches.

quiltingdragon 07-24-2013 10:05 AM

Royal Baby name announced. I guess 2 names (although I accidentally mispelled one) isn't bad, and I got the first one right.

jarenie 07-24-2013 10:07 AM

I am back Home (Darn It) and am behind even further than when I left. But catching up.

July Birthday Candy is now on the Way.

I spent a week sailing in the Caribbean on my sons Sail boat. We did some shopping and took the time for several Dives - Scuba. Met a few sharks (I could have done without that). Being a Widow my son brought along a fellow diver so that I would have a partner. It was totally a great time.

barbarakibler23 07-24-2013 11:15 AM

We do have a winner for naming the royal baby:

Quiltingdragon guessed: George Philip Louis Charles (looks like she used a lot of important people)

The prince is: George Alexander Louis............

Congrats Quiltingdragon

I was hoping for a Henry since that is my grandson's name....I wonder if King Henry VIII took them name off the list????

Quiltingdragon....you won both of the contest this week so check your mailbox for your prize!

Barb

carrot 07-24-2013 01:05 PM

wow-- congrats quiltingdragon--- do you feel like you should buy a lottery ticket !!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

quiltingdragon 07-24-2013 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 6194116)
We do have a winner for naming the royal baby:

Quiltingdragon guessed: George Philip Louis Charles (looks like she used a lot of important people)

The prince is: George Alexander Louis............

Congrats Quiltingdragon

I was hoping for a Henry since that is my grandson's name....I wonder if King Henry VIII took them name off the list????

Quiltingdragon....you won both of the contest this week so check your mailbox for your prize!

Barb

Woohoo! Won the baby name pool in 3 different places. Carrot, I may buy a lottery ticket. Chalk it up to studying abroad in the the commonwealth (Australia) and having to learn all the names of the Kings and Queens in history class, along with a bunch of WWI and II battles i'd never heard of as they happened before the US entered the war! I did a lot of remedial reading that semester!

Not really "important", just family. George - Great Great Grandpa (Queen Elizabeth's Dad, King George VI) and Grandpa Charles is Charles Philip Arthur George and ) (Great Grandpa, and Grandpa)Louis ( Prince William is William Arthur Philip Louis, and William's great Uncle Lord Louis Mountbatten, and William's uncle Edward has Louis as a middle name)

nls 07-25-2013 04:33 PM

Received more "Birthday Candy". Many thanks to:
lstew2212.....barbarakibler23.....mariposa.....jar enie

All the "candy" has made a fun month! Thanks again to all.

Nancy

marybrace 07-25-2013 05:32 PM

Barb, Thank you for the contest candy...

JNCT14 07-26-2013 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I would share this - I am in Rhonda's wall hanging swaps - for the third one there were 4 people who did not receive their hangings. Rhonda asked for 4 'swap angels' to make hangings for those folks. Here is one I made for Jaba - you might recognize the pattern! Its called Chicklets - I can't remember who posted the directions but its a great pattern for our candies! This hanging is 18 x 50 so can be a tablerunner if desired.