Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

oldcatlady 08-24-2013 10:51 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I received the most gorgeous quilt today from Jillaine. It is just my style and I LOVE it so much! :)
I know how much work went into this quilt, THANK YOU so much Jillaine. I would never make one of these for myself, too much work :), so I am truly blessed to receive such a beauty. It is perfect in my bedroom :) and thank you for the scraps!

emc1118 08-24-2013 11:09 AM

Absolutely beautiful quilt!

jillaine 08-24-2013 12:33 PM

Yeah! It arrived! (Better late than never?)
SO glad you like it.
And I can't take all the credit... Charisma Horton did the quilting. First time I've sent out to a long-armer. I'm pretty happy with the result.

isn't it purty? (I loved the fabrics)

;-)

shortmom5 08-24-2013 06:06 PM

beautiful quilt!! Love the pattern did you come up with it? Wow you are both blessed with great quilts.

Annaquilts 08-24-2013 07:24 PM

Wonderful quilt. Awesome piecing and stunning quilting. Great job jillaine!

Nexxus831 08-24-2013 11:10 PM

Ohhhhhhh that is so beautiful

jillaine 08-25-2013 04:52 AM

It's a basic lonestar design. I followed the "colorway" of the fabric. It came with a panel of "handkerchief" squares that I used in each of the corners (and, cut in half diagonally, the four set-in triangles). It also came with stripes/bands that I used for the internal border. Then it was a matter of figuring out how to do another border using up the remaining fabric-- so I did a combination of single-piece squares (of the larger floral pattern) with pinwheels, alternating.

Despite my efforts to measure the borders the way instructions tell you to, I still had some rippling. (Sorry!)

And if I were to do it over, I would have used a solid backing instead of a print-- even though the print is subtle, it does not show off Charisma's long-arming as much as a it could. When you use a solid and have good long-arming, you really get a second quilt on the back side.

And I LOVE Charisma's "traditional" quilting of the lonestar itself. (The arcs inside of each diamond)

leakus 08-25-2013 12:42 PM

Wow! Beautiful quilt! We've seen beauties here. Such skilled ladies. Thanks for the candies to our eyes.

leakus 08-28-2013 07:07 PM

Received my quilt!

1 Attachment(s)
Just got it. Thanks Nurse Bonnie! It is a lovely quilt and will treasure it. All about it is beautifull, the colors, the setting, the piecing and the quilting. It also came with goodies! Notions, patterns and F Q!
Thanks!

shortmom5 08-29-2013 04:20 AM

Love your quilt leakus, I have always loved a log cabin and this setting is so pretty! Great job nurse bonnie.