Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-29-2013 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by mindless (Post 5821488)
Oh Wendy....I really, really like how it's looking! :):thumbup::thumbup::) All thumbs are up!! BTW: that is NOT slow progress! We actually do ​have until July! lol

I just love this swap! I've got yours hanging on my design wall waiting for attention, & every time I walk past it, I think of you & smile. I kinda want to just keep it there for a while & not finish it just yet. :rolleyes:
What a great way this is to meet new friends!

Glad you like it! I am having fun putting it together!!

emc1118 01-29-2013 06:08 PM

"I am so excited for you Libby, having a new grand son to play with and spoil."

New is the key word, 2 hours old.... He's a couple of weeks early, Mama and baby doing well.

mindless 01-29-2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by emc1118 (Post 5824035)
"I am so excited for you Libby, having a new grand son to play with and spoil."

New is the key word, 2 hours old.... He's a couple of weeks early, Mama and baby doing well.

Congratulations!!!

emc1118 01-30-2013 05:04 PM

Thank you. Planning my busy bag tonight for the trip!

shortmom5 01-31-2013 06:38 AM

The last 2 weeks have been crazy. First I came down with a terrible case of stomach flu, then hubby came down with the flu, not a fun time around our house. On top of all that I have been studying for a state licensing test, which I have to take today. If you have a moment today, I would appreciate prayers that I pass. If I pass, it means I can get back to sewing more and not studying. Thanks for hearing my sad tale, lol.

Buddy's mom, I have managed a couple of blocks these past 2 weeks and it is really coming along nicely. I bought the border fabric and I think it will look great with the blocks. I will try and post a peek after the test today.

Have a great day everyone!

Yosamitesa 01-31-2013 11:41 AM

GOOD LUCK shortmom5!!! :) Don't you LOVE state tests???

leakus 01-31-2013 06:10 PM

How are you all doing? Any progress? I have not advanced this week and Saturday I am going to a Super Bowl Mistery Quilt organized by the guild. It is always fun, even though I dont know anything about football. The organizer asks questions about football and if the answer is correct you can draw a price. We have fun and leave with a top done. Ah, she cooks chilly for all. We rent a space in a church nearby. So, because I will be at the class and my DH goes camping with my 8 yr old son, Sunday no sewing for me!

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-31-2013 07:15 PM

I have finally gotten the middle done with the applique, but now for the border, this will take me some time. I will go through all kinds of ideas before settling on one!

shortmom5 01-31-2013 07:15 PM

woo hoo, passed my test!! now I can get back to sewing

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-31-2013 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by shortmom5 (Post 5828849)
woo hoo, passed my test!! now I can get back to sewing

Congratulations!!! YAY YOU!! :thumbup::D