Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

sewbizgirl 03-07-2014 09:44 PM

Thanks for your bio, Mrs. Sherbert. Your candy quilt is just beautiful. May your husband be safe wherever he is serving. And thanks to your family for his service!

mrshalibut 03-08-2014 06:40 AM

Thank you, Let's Quilt! I got your squishie yesterday. It has some beautiful colors, favorites of mine. : )

By the way, I love receiving these early gifts. No need to wait for my birthday to mail them if you don't want to! It gives me an excuse to lay all the squares out every time I receive an envelope. I think I want to make a quilt on which one color blends into the next and so on all the way down. What am I saying? I'll have enough candies by the end to make a few different quilts!

djmat 03-08-2014 05:18 PM

Jarenie, I have'nt heard if my charms made it to you, mailed on Feb 28th. Is everything alright?

benndm 03-08-2014 08:26 PM

Mailed my March birthdays today. Hope they arrive safely. Happy Birthday Jarenie, JoDee, Billie and Jessica.

mrshalibut 03-09-2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by benndm (Post 6616518)
Mailed my March birthdays today. Hope they arrive safely. Happy Birthday Jarenie, JoDee, Billie and Jessica.

Thank you, benndm!

I also mailed my March bdays yesterday. 91 cents, but I'm just going to use two stamps in case it goes up a little. I just used a regular stationary envelope, with cardstock and fabric inside a sandwich bag. Reinforced two with tape, but the postal lady grabbed the third before I could tape it. Please let me know how it is when received.

I'm up to my... eyeballs in alligators right now, but will write my bio soon.

barbarakibler23 03-09-2014 05:33 PM

hope so bjsmith ...going to a business conference that is there ...can't remember where we are staying but it looks beautiful. Have you heard of South Hill Designs? I am an artist with them.

Barb

Originally Posted by bjsmith57 (Post 6614345)
Barb - you will fall in love with Scottsdale:)

barbarakibler23 03-09-2014 05:42 PM

Perferctly said!!!

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6615067)
Thanks for your bio, Mrs. Sherbert. Your candy quilt is just beautiful. May your husband be safe wherever he is serving. And thanks to your family for his service!

barbarakibler23 03-09-2014 05:45 PM

Mrshalibut said "I'm up to my... eyeballs in alligators right now, but will write my bio soon." sounds interesting!

sewbizgirl 03-10-2014 09:16 AM

Getting ready to send out my first two packages later this week... I hoped to get closer to the actual birthdays.

Do we have any favorite pattern ideas for these candy squares?

Anoka Quilter 03-10-2014 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto (Post 6606846)
WOW can't believe we are starting a new year of candies. I loved all my candies from last year and will get busy cutting everything for this year. I did a PDF of the the swappers like I did last year. It really helped me stay on track on when I mailed. It was great when it was my turn to receive candies I could mark down who I had received from so I could thank everyone properly. I have attached the list to share with everyone. Happy Swapping!!!

Thanks for the PDF, this is really helpful.