Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

dottie dodge 05-31-2014 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6738969)
I made this one for my grown son, out of shirts and homespuns. Isn't this the shoo-fly pattern? Also known as monkey wrench and hole-in-the-barn-door?
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...51-426769.html

Really like the quilt you made for your son. There is a small difference between the monkey wrench & hole in the barn door and the shoo fly block.

sewbizgirl 05-31-2014 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 6739009)
Really like the quilt you made for your son. There is a small difference between the monkey wrench & hole in the barn door and the shoo fly block.

Really? So which one did I make, LOL?

dottie dodge 05-31-2014 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6739177)
Really? So which one did I make, LOL?

You made the monkey wrench / hole in the barn door. The area next the center square is another square (4 total) in the shoo fly and the monkey wrench / hole in the barn door have two rectangles next to the center square. Someday I am going to make a plaid monkey wench. I really like yours!

sewbizgirl 05-31-2014 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 6739245)
You made the monkey wrench / hole in the barn door. The area next the center square is another square (4 total) in the shoo fly and the monkey wrench / hole in the barn door have two rectangles next to the center square. Someday I am going to make a plaid monkey wench. I really like yours!

Thank you!

Janice McC 05-31-2014 07:38 PM

Thank you Karen G for posting this pic! I see some of my fabrics so I know they arrived safely. Wonderful! Thanks again. Janice McC

Originally Posted by Karen G (Post 6738832)
All of my birthday candies, can't decide what to do first! I have patterns chosen. Thank you all, again.

djmat 05-31-2014 11:16 PM

1) board name/real first name - D. J., family calls me Jeannie. D. J. was hung on me many moons ago in college & it stuck because our last name is horrendous!
2) how long have you been quilting? 2 years quilting, 20+ years general sewing.
3) favorite quilting tool - Omnigrid portable gridded mat with an ironing surface on one side makes quilting on the run so much fun!
4) favorite quilt you have made and why? 5x5 12" square Sampler because each square could be copied into a full quilt. I call it my master quilt in case my computer patterns are sucked into cyberspace, I can at least copy one of the 25 squares to make a new quilt!
5) favorite color (not a quilt question) - I thank the Good Lord daily for all colors and find green particularly appealing.
6) favorite flower - peonies: fragrant, lovely petals & stems, & dries well for further use.
7) best advice you can give - When we exercise ethics in all aspects of our lives mankind is the beneficiary; like turning on the car blinker in a timely fashion even if we don't see another car, pedestrian, or police officer!
8) any other quilt spots you visit online besides quilting board? Curious Quilter (Mary), Quilter's Cache, Mike's swap on Flickr, oh, too many to list here. Love Quilting Board, so much sharing & so little time, like a family homecoming!

SheriR 06-01-2014 04:33 AM

Hey June Birthday Princesses, I've been in Minot, ND for a week now visiting my daughter, mrs.sherbert!!! I'm having a great GREAT time with her and her kids. However I didn't grab all the stuff I needed before I left Texas to mail out all the June birthday candy..... We are all going to Texas as soon as her kids are done with school. It will take us three days to drive there THEN we'll mail all y'all's candy!!!! I/we apologize for some late deliveries....you'll just have to be Birthday Princess a little longer. :D

Bullock2us 06-01-2014 04:39 AM

Thanks to happylab for the birthday candies I received yesterday

WMUTeach 06-01-2014 09:31 AM

June Birthday gals.... Your Sweet Treats are IN THE MAIL. They went to the post office this afternoon, Sunday, June 1. I am going to be out of town at a conference for the university for a week, so I thought I better stay ahead of the game. Enjoy and Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday from Kalamazoo, Happy Birthday to you!

bjsmith57 06-01-2014 01:00 PM

QATW = Quilting Around the World

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6738027)
bjsmith57, love your 'advice'! What is QATW?