Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

djmat 12-23-2014 08:09 AM

Barb, I saw a cool file cabinet system for filing fabric on pendaflex here on QB. The quilter even decorated the outside of the file cabinets to color code. It was awesome storage for larger pieces. She had quilt a collection & her workroom was so organised!
hugs,
DJ

trish b 12-23-2014 10:58 AM

Hi I'm in for next year. This takes a little while to start with cutting but is well worth it. I cut 3 strips of each fabric and then cut a little each day until it is all done. This swap has been the most fun. I also joined in with a mug rug swap that has been really great. Try the Valentine Mug Rug Swap if you don't want to continue with candies again. It is only one small item and you can use the candies from this swap.
Merry Christmas to all.

dottie dodge 12-23-2014 11:06 AM

All my overdue - pastdue - late charms were mailed today. Hope you enjoy them and my apologies for my tardiness!

Anoka Quilter 12-23-2014 11:33 AM

It appears that none of my packages mailed for December made it to their destinations. I will be resending out after the holidays. Figured let the holiday mail die down first and mail with the January packages. I mailed them from the airport when I flew out on the 7th along with a couple other letters and none of the 5 items made it to their destination. Have no idea what was up with that as I have never had a problem in the past mailing from the airport.

My sincere apologies to the December ladies. I hate being late and missing your birthdays, but look on the bright side, you will have something to look forward to.

Anoka Quilter 12-23-2014 11:35 AM

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone.

sewbizgirl 12-23-2014 12:52 PM

Happy Birthday, DJ!!! Sounds like your hubby has a day full of surprises for you...

happylab 12-23-2014 01:56 PM

Hello, I'm in for next year. I really look forward to selecting and cutting and sorting and then mailing out all of my birthday charms to everyone. I enjoy reading what everyone has to say and what you are doing. I have really enjoyed this swap.

FYI: to all concerned. I did receive all of my birthday charms last month. I don't remember if I stated that or not. I had medical issues I had to attend to at the end of November, and just now getting back to some of my normal activities. Again my apologies, if I did not mentioned you. I went through all of the candy envelopes (which I like lots). I can't wait until next year to start making my scrappy quilts. And thank-you everyone. Thank-you. !!!!!

Daisy Dew 12-24-2014 07:44 AM

Hi Everyone! Merry Christmas and a wonderful Happy New Year. I'll raise a glass to each of you during this week.
uuuuu
Barb - oh I'd love to do the swap again so please count me in. New rules fine with me.

For this next swap I am going shopping - such a difficult thing to do - and will purchase FQ of how ever many Swappers we have - I don't want to make a mistake and send some I sent this year - don't know about you but I like getting fabric I don't already have.

Thank you Barb for your lovely card. And for all the work you have done for us even when you have been going through tough times too.

Sending my best to each of you Linda aka Daisy Dew

cindynvb 12-25-2014 05:23 PM

I will be sending my January swaps tomorrow.

ahwu 12-26-2014 08:31 AM

Merry Christmas everyone! Wishing all of you a bless new year. It has been a crazy year for me, sorry I have not been on board more. As far as next year's swap, I am still thinking. It is going to be crazier next year for me. I am expecting a baby girl in May. She will be my first and probably only child. I am looking forward to have the little one.