Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

barbarakibler23 01-04-2015 11:39 AM

Update on my dad:

Not sure where I left off with you ladies but my dad has been in the hospital twice since Dec 20th and now he is in a rehab place. We are looking for a place for my dad to go, not sure if my mom will also go with him. They can both go to an assisted living place not far from their home. My mom is really sad about this (she is 5 years younger then my dad and in much healthier condition then him), but she wants to live with him. I have been in the past few weeks looking for a place that makes everyone happy.

I am so glad that we will be doing this swap another year. I feel I have made some wonderful friends here and I know I don't get on here as often as I would like but I feel so appreciated and look forward hearing from all of you.

:) Barb

barbarakibler23 01-04-2015 11:43 AM

So far returning for the new swap................
bjsmith57
sewbizgirl
trishb
WMUTeach
daisy dew
happylab
let's quilt
sheriR
barbarakibler

If I don't have you listed here please let me know.

I plan on posting the new swap the beginning of February.

Barb
PS I have 7 not returning for next year. :) you can change your mind before feb 1st.

barbarakibler23 01-04-2015 01:28 PM

I will be sending out PM to past birthday ladies. If I don't have you are completed in my records you will get a PM today. Please respond as soon as possible.

:) barb

Janice McC 01-04-2015 01:35 PM

DoriDes and Mamaskeeto, your candies are going out in the mail tomorrow. I hope you enjoy them! Happy Birthday a bit early.

Anoka Quilter 01-05-2015 08:02 AM

The lost December squishes and January birthday squishes went out in the mail today. Again so sorry to the December gals. Not sure what happened. As of today no one has received anything that was mailed out that day and the squishes were not the only thing in that batch of mail.

AHWU, congratulation on your exciting news. I sure that will be one spoiled little girl.

I just received news that my job is back to normal in 2015. They are moving the travel that our department does to the HR team so now I will have plenty of time to be home and get all my projects done. I am so looking forward to that. I went to many interesting places and enjoyed myself; however, I hated never being home. I am a true Cancerian and love just hiding out at home.

So with that good news I am definitely in again for next year. I really enjoyed this swap and getting to know all you ladies.

Michellesews 01-05-2015 08:47 AM

I have a question regarding the swap. On your own birthday month, do you still send to others with birthdays that month? I'm assuming you do but want to be sure. Thanks!

barbarakibler23 01-05-2015 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Michellesews (Post 7034754)
I have a question regarding the swap. On your own birthday month, do you still send to others with birthdays that month? I'm assuming you do but want to be sure. Thanks!

Hi Michelle
Yes you would still send to the birthday girls in your month. I hope you will join us we have a lot of fun. This is a great group of ladies!

Barb

barbarakibler23 01-05-2015 11:06 AM

Contest time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so far behind this is in honor of Nurse Bonnie's Birthday

All events happened on December 1st....just like Nurse Bonnie!!!!

1. What famous person has a birthday on December 1st?
a) George Clooney
b) Johnny Carson
c) Bette Midler
d) Brittany Spears
e) Emily Dickinson

2-5 What year did each event happen on December 1st.

2) Erie Canal closes for the entire month due to cold weather.
3) 1st White House telephone was installed
4) Enrique Pena Nieto sworn in as President of Mexico
5) 1st helium-filled dirigible make 1st flight.

Okay PM me your answer by 2pm January 6.
If you are waiting on a prize from me ....they will be put in tomorrow's mail :)

Havplenty 01-05-2015 11:47 AM

January and February birthday ladies I have mailed all packages today. I had several swap blocks that needed to be mailed so I just mailed everything along with them.

Soooo... February ladies you are getting you squishies from me really early, but I encourage you to put them in a wonderfully colorful fabric basket near your sewing machines to open them later in February. :) Just a thought.

letsquilt 01-05-2015 07:16 PM

I'm checking to see if
Doris Des
Mamasketo
Have you ladies recieved your candies from me this month? I mailed them out on Dec 28th.