Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

sewbizgirl 03-31-2014 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I hit the jackpot today! Eight squishies in the mail... eight! Just got done drooling over all the little squares. I received packages from Jannie, oneteapot, KathyM, SheriR, Mamaskeeto, happylab, dottiedodge and Mrs. Sherbert. The candies are quite droolworthy. In fact I found myself wishing they were swatches to order from! I'd have been in big trouble if they were...

Thank you for the extras oneteapot, and for the pretty fat quarter, Jannie! You ladies really blessed me.

Take a 'gander' at today's HAUL:

sewbizgirl 03-31-2014 07:24 PM

Happy Birthday Mrs. Sherbert! Love what the yoga class did for you!

I keep changing my mind about how to organize my candies. First I was doing lights, mediums and darks. Then I decided it would be more useful to sort them by color families. I'm pulling out the ones that seem to have a theme of their own, for some special use later. Some of you sent me things that look like collections. So pretty. All the random ones are sorted by color. I may pull out the novelties and the batiks and sort them seperately, don't know yet. I can't wait to DO SOMETHING with these little beauties!

Also can't wait for each of you to have your fun on your birthdays, as the candy comes flooding in....

Lstew2212 03-31-2014 07:41 PM

I participated in the swap last year, Had so much fun by the way. I have sorted my birthday squares 4 times already. Still not sure what to do yet. I am thinking I will combine them with this years surprises. We will wait and see. I might become a 2.5 square hoarder.

I will sort and sort and sort all over again.

Lstew2212 03-31-2014 07:42 PM

Glad everyone is have great birthdays.

ahwu 03-31-2014 10:46 PM

Sewbizgirl, it does feel like Jackpot. Today, my mailman delivered me 11 envelopes. He is totally amazed how I have these many special friends from all over US sending me Birthday cards. Thank you all. I think today was the most mails we ever received in one day. Thank you, mrs.sherbet, oneteappot, dottiedodge, Anoka Quilter, KathyM, Quilter day_by_day, barbarakilber, lstew2212, happylab, mamaskeeto and SheriR. So much fun!

barbarakibler23 04-01-2014 07:26 AM

lstew2212....you made me laugh...
I might become a 2.5 square hoarder.

I think I am already there!!!!!!!!!!!

I have made several quilts with my 2 1/2" squares....one was a pattern called 5 at 5 looks kinda like a film strip. I used bright color squares, with white. Then I made a one that I made up the pattern because I found a fabric that I fell in love with...so I found squares that only matched the fabric and randomly sewed them together I think maybe 25 across and 40 down (can't remember and gave it away already) all randomly picked out (had enough...I have been collecting for awhile) Then I put a stop border then I used the fabric as a large 10"? border. I liked that one the best. And made one that was randomly picked out with white as every other one....I only used brights again. Oh and also made what I call a seat cover.....my dog thinks she owns the sofa so I took random beige type pieces and sewed them together the same size as the sofa (so long and thin) . No more towels on the sofa. and did one for my car.(it has a lot of kid friendly eye spy fabrics)..I am a nanny and I get the kids from school they go to an alternative school and more then 1/2 the day is outside (any weather) so they are a mess sometimes!

So.....I use to organize them, now I just sew......with that said ....I saved all my squares from last years birthday swap and I am going to make ME something:)

Barb

barbarakibler23 04-01-2014 08:01 AM

Contest #4 in honor of mrs.sherbert's birthday.....so you know how it goes anyone can play but you can only win if she has received your package by yesterday (her birthday).

BASEBALL TRIVIA
Yesterday was opening day here in Detroit and yes we won.....love Tiger Baseball (but having a little problem with the raise we gave Caberra) but no one asked me :(

PM me your answers by 9:59 am Wednesday April 2nd (we will have the next contest on April 3rd in honor of Ahwu)

here goes ...(I knew the answers to all of these so you will too!)

1. Which position is known as "1" on the diamond?
a) catcher
b) pitcher
c) 1st basemen

2) The DH hits for .....
a) the pitcher
b) the catcher
c) the last guy in from the field

3) An error is....
a) making a mistake while playing the defense
b) getting out will running in the base path
c) striking out

4) Perfect game is....
a) getting a hit everytime a player is up to bat
b) catcher not dropping the ball the entire game
c) pitcher holds the opponents to no hits, no runs and no walks

5) A south paw is....
a) a player from the south
b) a left handed pitcher
c) switch hitter

Okay baseball fans.......send your answers my way :)

barbarakibler23 04-01-2014 08:06 AM

sewbizgirl...could you please post directions for us (me) on how to post photos.

thanks
Barbara

marybrace 04-01-2014 08:25 AM

aw geez, I was in the last birthday swap and had to research the contest questions....now that I'm not a member I KNOW the answers...well, that's how the cookie crumbles....you all have a nice, fun day

sewbizgirl 04-01-2014 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More sweets and a card arrived today... these are from LStew2212. Thanks so much Lisa! Everything is so pretty!