Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

Bullock2us 05-26-2014 03:31 PM

Many thanks to Bonnie(don't know a board name),Karen12,and Daisy Dew for the wonderful charms!

Karen G 05-27-2014 08:42 AM

OK, I follow two threads, checking in at least once a week. I got a pm from Barbara inviting me to join this group. I have been cutting and sending candy in a timely manner. I get a pm monthly with the next month's birthdays. I had no idea that there was a thread to follow associated with this group until yesterday! I am not antisocial, just ignorant! Thank you all for the lovely candy pieces. I sorted them yesterday into light, medium and dark. I love to touch them! I've been sewing since I was allowed to hold a needle. I remember playing under my great grandmother's quilt frame. I loved to hear the talk and gossip of her friends and neighbors though I didn't understand a word. They spoke in German! I made doll clothes, sewed buttons on my dad's work shirts and from 7 th grade made most of my clothes. I made shirts for my husband and clothes for my sons. I always knew that I would quilt when I got older. I started quilting at least 40 years ago with baby quilts and started quilting in a more dedicated way in the late 1990s. I garden, read, swim, have two Springer spaniels and love to spend time with my family. My sons live in Wisconsin, Florida, and one in Michigan. I have two grandchildren and one greatgranddaughter. I worked for thirty years as a Registered Nurse, primarily in emergency nursing. Again, thank you for the birthday wishes and candy.

sewbizgirl 05-27-2014 11:11 AM

Hi KarenG, glad you finally found us! Read along so you don't miss out on the great patterns we share and the awesome contests that Barb puts up for us after each birthday. She sends out some really nifty quilty prizes.

Glad you had a nice birthday and hope you enjoy your candy!

Anoka Quilter 05-27-2014 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Karen G (Post 6733379)
OK, I follow two threads, checking in at least once a week. I got a pm from Barbara inviting me to join this group. I have been cutting and sending candy in a timely manner. I get a pm monthly with the next month's birthdays. I had no idea that there was a thread to follow associated with this group until yesterday! I am not antisocial, just ignorant!

Karen G, it is modern technology. While I like modern technology, because of it allowing us to interact like we do on this board, it has also taken away a lot of the personal interaction between people. I hardly ever get a phone call from my son, now he just sends me a text.

WMUTeach 05-28-2014 05:19 AM

Karen G. I was in your shoes all of last year. I had no idea that there was this on going conversation. Well, we are learning new tricks every day aren't we. Enjoy this thread and post your good work or progress. We love pictures.

barbarakibler23 05-28-2014 05:22 AM

Karen G...
Could you please list everyone here that has sent you a package.....

After we get her list I will have a contest in honor of Karen's birthday!!!!

barbarakibler23 05-28-2014 05:33 AM

Hello Ladies...Happy May to all of you!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I know I did because we worked on the house and boy did it need it!

We cut down shrubs and trees, power washed the house , planted and weeded and weeded!

On Saturday I went to my in-laws house and we made shutters for my front window...they are so cute! Cut out a heart in the center of each of them and put a batten on the top and bottom.

after they are painted and on the house....painting the trim next I will take a picture!

Think I over did it on my left arm...cast is off and had to splint it after the weekend. I have a new appreciation for my husband on Tuesday he got up for work at 6am after our long hard working weekend. I could not get out of bed until 9am !!!

Other news...I got my self a new job (part time) still keeping the part time nanny gig.

I will be working from home for a company called CHI .... Cultural Homestay International. It is a Au Pair placement company. I will be the Coordinator for SE Michigan. This is a part time position that can turn into full time if I want it to. Plan is when I am finished with my nanny family that i will work this full time. (or at least more hours). It sounds very familiar to me to do this kind of work. Good thing the AuPairs (all from other countries) all have to be fluent in English!

Enjoy your day...
Barb

letsquilt 05-28-2014 09:07 AM

Just sent out my first three June birthdays so they get them on time. Will wait a little longer before I send out the last one.

Bullock2us 05-28-2014 12:37 PM

Thanks to Janice McC for the candies. Guess I missed her in my THANKS! THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!!

sewbizgirl 05-28-2014 04:09 PM

Barbara, congrats on your new job! It sounds wonderful.