Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

cindynvb 02-26-2014 03:13 AM

I found the post. I already put all my charms in snack size biggies. Going to see what I can do with that. I'm thinking I will bring 2 envelopes to the post office and ask how much to send each.
If I do I will let you all know the results.

oneteappot 02-28-2014 07:29 AM

It's getting close to the start of the Birthday Candies Swap. What fun we will have.
Laurel

sewbizgirl 02-28-2014 08:52 AM

If you haven't reached your 35 yet, may I join? This sounds like a wonderful thing to do and Lord knows I have plenty of 2.5" squares!

barbarakibler23 02-28-2014 09:44 AM

Thanks MaryBrace......showing the newbies the way.

barbarakibler23 02-28-2014 10:11 AM

Hello Ladies

sorry I haven't been around this week. I thought I might miss out on the fun stomach flu that is going around...but no it found me right after I was getting over a cold! Sicker then a dog for 3 days. Still can't eat....that might be a good thing could lose a few (many) pounds. But no food just means no energy! So today I am "catching up" on life! Slowly!

First of all I would like to welcome everyone to "round 2" of the birthday swap. Last years swap was fun, we met new people, learned different things that happened in their lives, saw pictures of projects they made while building friendships. Some of us lost loved ones, and pets, while other welcomed grandchildren and in-laws. What a year!!! I hope that this year we will continue the tradition of family. We are all one big family sharing and learning with one thing in common... the love of quilting.

Last year I would do questionnaires ....you would all fill them out...then I would do a contest....Plan on that again this year! Hope you like the contests!!!

This year I am going to have a contest on the DAY AFTER A BIRTHDAY.<:) I will ask the birthday person to send me a PM on that day to let me know who they have received packages from. YOU CAN ONLY PLAY if she has received her package by her birthday. I am trying to change the idea that as long as it is her month "it's okay" It is her birthday...she should be celebrated on HER day. After all ...wouldn't you!:thumbup: So with that said mail her package a week before and you will be good!

One more thing ......you must send 50 DIFFERENT 2.5" squares. They must be cotton. Must be cut with rotary cutter. Also only send fabrics that you would put in your quilt. I say if it is ugly toss it! I chuckle because one of my quilting buddies that I quilt with on Wednesday nights invited me to a swap of "UGLY" fabric. I didn't do the swap but asked her to bring in what she received back. YEP they were UGLY! NOPE not in the eye of the beholder.....NOPE just UGLY! She said she is going to make an ugly quilt! Life is too short for that! I'm just wondering???? does ugly fabric make a beautiful quilt. I guess when she finishes her "ugly" quilt I will let you know. :)
All kidding aside...send what you would want to receive! :thumbup:

I have been contacted by a few others that would like to join us. I have agreed to open it to them if they give me all their information by today. FEB 28th. That way we start our new swap on March 1 with all quilter on board. I will not add anyone after today.

Sorry it is so long...see what a few days out of commission can do to a girl.

Stay healthy!
Barb

sewbizgirl 02-28-2014 07:46 PM

Thanks for letting me join in, Barb... hope you feel stronger and better every day.

barbarakibler23 02-28-2014 08:38 PM

thanks sewbizgirl.....hope you have fun with our swap.

pjjandme 03-01-2014 05:49 PM

Got mine cut, bagged and ready to go! Excited to get this swap started. :)

Gannyrosie 03-01-2014 06:25 PM

March and April are ready to go. Is is okay to send and extra gift with the squares, since it is their Birthday and it's a special day?

sewbizgirl 03-02-2014 07:04 AM

I've got my first four ready to mail when the time comes, to the first four 'birthday girls'. I'm so excited about this! I found that if I got some big birthday cards I could lay out the squares into two rows of 25 in the card, and it stayed pretty flat-- under 1/4" I think. So hoping I can mail it as a letter.

Has anyone made a Disappearing 16 patch quilt with these little squares? I found lots of good ideas for the D16P blocks on this blog:
http://www.sewwequilt.com/2011/05/di...ks-in.html?m=1