Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

cindynvb 03-16-2014 07:59 AM

Yes, I havent heard from her either. Maybe she is waiting to open them all on her birthday.

sewbizgirl 03-16-2014 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by cindynvb (Post 6629159)
Yes, I havent heard from her either. Maybe she is waiting to open them all on her birthday.

Yes, that's possible... but if Jarenie is reading I hope she will post and let us know she had gotten the packages. Maybe she is having computer trouble?

Daisy Dew 03-16-2014 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6612759)
Sewbiz, One stamp is not enough. Mine routinely cost at least .63 cents. I folded an 8.5"x11" paper in half and used that as my Birthday Card. When you open it up you can fit six piles of eight "candies" with a few more on top to make 50. That will slip into a 5-3/4" x 8-3/4" envelope. The more flat you can make it the less they charge you at the PO. I had to retrieve two of my sets from last year and pay over a dollar extra postage. They were in business envelopes and more fat. Crazy huh. If you're really curious, package one up and go into the PO so they can tell you.

Weird!!! Went to the P.O. and was told they need to be posted as a small pkg!!! $2.50 guess they need the $$$$!!!!!

Daisy Dew 03-16-2014 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut (Post 6626916)
Received squares today from 3 people! Thanks to quilter day-by-day, Linda Brandt, and Karen House (but I don't know your screen names!). Karen, when yours arrived, it was open because the sticky stuff on the flap didn't hold, but everything was still inside and the colors were beautiful! Maybe reinforcing the closure with tape would be more safe. Thank you all for the birthday wishes and kind notes. : )

You are MOST welcome!! It was so much fun cutting all those fabrics and thinking of all of you and what you will do with your square. Linda aka Daisy Dew

cindynvb 03-16-2014 04:58 PM

You need to make it as flat as you can so it can go through the machines. If it can't go through the machines then it has to be hand sorted we that costs more.
Cindy

cindynvb 03-16-2014 05:01 PM

Have the April address been sent yet? We have a birthday on the 2nd

Cindy

cindynvb 03-16-2014 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6629240)
Yes, that's possible... but if Jarenie is reading I hope she will post and let us know she had gotten the packages. Maybe she is having computer trouble?

She hasn't posted since the 10th so maybe.
Cindy

Gannyrosie 03-16-2014 05:16 PM

March's gifts will be in the mail tomorrow. Hope they arrive in time and in good condition.

benndm 03-16-2014 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut (Post 6628962)
Just to be sure I let everyone know, I've received packages from bjsmith, jannie, benndm, lstew2212, letsquilt, djmat, bullock2us, cindyvb, quilter day by day, nls, and Linda Brandt and Karen House.

I glad you received my squares and pincushion. I'm always afraid the PO will damage or loose the package. Sounds like you're having a good birthday.

Havplenty 03-17-2014 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6629240)

Or she could be vacationing or snowbirding somewhere or visiting family or basking in some natural vitamin d infusion (like I am about to do in Ft Myers) or other endless possibilities. Hopefully she will get back to this thread soon.