Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

QuilterMomma 01-20-2014 10:08 AM

Hmmm, that sounds very pretty. I love that kind of fabric, roses. I can forgo the applique if I need to for something pretty and feminine.

Originally Posted by CarolynMT (Post 6522899)
GannyRosie, I am sure you wont disappoint anyone. The beauty of these quilts is they are made with love. All else is secondary. :) I am getting excited too, very hard not to go shopping till I have a name :p and style.

My LQS had some of the most beautiful deep red and ivory fabric with roses on it. A whole collection! I am so very tempted but no one (including me) that I know has red in their home. I so want to work with these fabrics, they are too pretty to just leave on the shelf. Am hoping that my partner will love a deep red/ivory feminine quilt. :p If not, guess I will have to redecorate :p cause these fabrics are too pretty!

QuilterMomma 01-20-2014 10:12 AM

If you note Whigrose's avatar, that is the applique quilt she made me two years ago. It is so lovely. Hangs in my stairway.

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 6518980)
Hi all, just popping in to say "Hi" to some quilting friends from past Quilts for quilters swaps. Also, can't wait to see all the great quilts that will be swapped.

Best,
d

Rodney 01-20-2014 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by sewmany (Post 6522944)
23 swappers, wow. I keep coming back to read this forum. It feels very tempting but scared. :shock:

No need to be scared. Plenty of experienced as well as new quilters like me in the swap. Please sign up and have fun with the rest of us. :)
August is a long way away so it shouldn't be too hard to fit a small quilt in and as already mentioned I think everyone here will be happy knowing their quilts were made just for them.
Rodney

Yosamitesa 01-20-2014 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6523803)
No need to be scared. Plenty of experienced as well as new quilters like me in the swap. Please sign up and have fun with the rest of us. :)
August is a long way away so it shouldn't be too hard to fit a small quilt in and as already mentioned I think everyone here will be happy knowing their quilts were made just for them.
Rodney

Exactly!!! ;)

Elisabrat 01-20-2014 12:32 PM

egad what the heck is that? photo please

Tam...Moo 01-20-2014 01:24 PM

Those of you who are nervous about just please join. The members of this board are simply the most amazing people you will ever meet. You will make new friends, learn so much and receive a quilt of your very own. I am not a very experienced quilter and this will be my third quilt for quilters swap and I can hardly wait. The experienced quilters are kind, helpful and so Caring. I learned so much. I work 50 hours or more each week so I have to plan out my projects. Once I pick a pattern, I will divide the amount of blocks needed by 4 so I will know how many blocks I need to make, allowing a month for quilting and binding and getting ready to mail. I hope you will reconsider and join in the fun!

roseirish48 01-20-2014 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 6523634)
Ok ladies and gents...need your help. I hate asking but if you happen to come across an Octonauts Gup-E with Peso toy, please let me know. Can't find it anywhere!!!

I googled Octonauts w/gup-E---lot of options come up--including ebay

Yosamitesa 01-20-2014 06:52 PM

I found on amazon for $37. It is a $15 toy!!! I just shook my head. Found an eBay for 15...with $11 for shipping...I give up. :(

sewmany 01-20-2014 08:06 PM

Ty, you guys are very convincing. I am in. Mainly because I would like to meeting new people.
What really convinced me is reading this thread:
so many sad stories, warning you ahead of time.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...s-t187599.html

Because I know, deep inside I know none of you guys would put my quilt in the dog house with the dog.

Gannyrosie 01-21-2014 12:31 AM

thanks CarolynMT, you're right, it's the love and friendship that's important. Thanks for the wake up.