Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Elisabrat 01-04-2014 02:47 PM

WOW that is amazing! I am speechless (which like almost never happens). that owl is going to be one heck of a great quilt!

Dragonfly Nana 01-04-2014 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6492792)
WOW that is amazing! I am speechless (which like almost never happens). that owl is going to be one heck of a great quilt!

I agree - amazing!

J_cody 01-04-2014 03:41 PM

I just pm'd a message to Yosamitese I hope I get to do this it sounds so fun and it will be interesting to see what everyones styles are. I am little intimidated thinking I haven't been quilting that long but I have so loved doing it.

J_cody 01-04-2014 03:45 PM

OK, now i am really intimidated. That is just indescribable, beautiful and just downright amazing.

Annaquilts 01-04-2014 04:56 PM

Wow Debbie! Wow!

Rodney 01-04-2014 07:11 PM

That's some truly beautiful work!
Rodney

roseirish48 01-04-2014 07:40 PM

that owl quilt would fit so beautifully in my owl collection. it is absolutely fantastic

Nexxus831 01-04-2014 08:33 PM

Rodney do you do repairs on the vintage machines? I live in Tacoma WA and picked up a machine that needs to be semi cleaned up and make sure it's in great working order. If you don't can you recommend someone?

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6491258)
TwinRiverFarm: Yes. They're all I own. After using them I really don't have any desire for a new one. The old ones are just too much fun. :) I do have a Singer Touch & Sew waiting for restoration and a Monkey Wards that's probably from the early 70s but that's as new as I want to go. I may end up using one of those for the actual quilting. My 1948 Singer 66 will get the piecing work. It only does a straight stitch but it does it quite well.
The quilt snatching sounds like something my mother might have done. :D Take it for the compliment it is.
Rodney

Nexxus831 01-04-2014 08:37 PM

Debbie that quilt is beautiful. I absolutely LOVE it

applique 01-05-2014 05:34 AM

Thanks everyone. Keep in mind I started quilting (hand applique about 40 years ago). So I could do most any type of quilting by hand. When the hands went bad due to chemo I had to go entirely with machine work and ONLY my applique translated well. My 40 year old machine does only straight and zig zag (no hopping foot available) since it is an industrial type machine which I love and can service myself. I once timed an effort; three weeks to piece a simple background and two and a half hours for the applique. I envy those who do such beautiful quilting and piecing but will be content with my corner.
Yesterday I PLAYED. Traced and started to fuse hockey players, baseball players, mouse, rabbit, Amish girls, eagle, flowers etc. All now sitting in baggies ready to cut and assemble. Darn owl looks mad enough to eat them all!