Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Short an Sweet 12-29-2013 03:21 PM

but you have till August, so if you used some UFO's then you would only have to spend a couple of hours a months on it, that's only about 15 - 30 minutes a week???? come on, come play with us, you know you want to

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 6480287)
Oh no I hope no one was seriously injured. I cannot succumb to the peer pressure, I would feel bad for my recipient because I cannot put in the time and effort :(

applique 12-30-2013 06:11 AM

I have been watching this thread with interest. It is getting closer to what I can do. I was looking for a partner who is on such a tight budget that they feel they can't really participate. I am a faux quilter. I can only piece and quilt by hand and the old hands are no longer cooperating. (Chemo left them numb to boot!) Applique I can do as long as it is by machine, so I guess I am classified as a topper. So I could do a top, add the batting and backing and my partner would have to do the quilting, or add borders or piecing then do the quilting.Too weird??

Elisabrat 12-30-2013 07:30 AM

I found that I have not one but three Christmas ufo's. One is red/green/cream sorry not white.. then one is aqua blue/ red/green/white more modern moda pattern I think and another that is blue/white with hints of red and green more vintage like. I am willing to make a nice quilt out of these blocks if someone is interested. I can perk them up with a lovely border and well think they will be a pretty addition to someones holiday décor lol.. ok ufo's trying a hard sell here lol. I have to get that box under control or go nuts! wait there is a Halloween set also that I could use.

Short an Sweet 12-30-2013 08:24 AM

I LOVE Halloween... I am working on a quilt that will have a checkerboard in the middle, the white squares are glow in the dark fabric and the black squares will have Halloween embroidery done in glow in the dark threads....

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6481728)
I found that I have not one but three Christmas ufo's. One is red/green/cream sorry not white.. then one is aqua blue/ red/green/white more modern moda pattern I think and another that is blue/white with hints of red and green more vintage like. I am willing to make a nice quilt out of these blocks if someone is interested. I can perk them up with a lovely border and well think they will be a pretty addition to someones holiday décor lol.. ok ufo's trying a hard sell here lol. I have to get that box under control or go nuts! wait there is a Halloween set also that I could use.

Rodney 12-30-2013 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by applique (Post 6481568)
I have been watching this thread with interest. It is getting closer to what I can do. I was looking for a partner who is on such a tight budget that they feel they can't really participate. I am a faux quilter. I can only piece and quilt by hand and the old hands are no longer cooperating. (Chemo left them numb to boot!) Applique I can do as long as it is by machine, so I guess I am classified as a topper. So I could do a top, add the batting and backing and my partner would have to do the quilting, or add borders or piecing then do the quilting.Too weird??

I'd be happy to partner up w/ Debbie. I really want to see applique up close. It's one of the things I'm interested in learning more about. Seeing the back side will help me learn more too. :) I also qualify in the tight budget department but a lap quilt won't be a problem.
Debbie, I have neuropathy in my feet from chemo so I have some understanding of what you're going thru though hands would be far worse. I hope your treatment is successful and that you're doing well.
One thing though, I'm a beginner at quilting so while I'll do my best perfection isn't going to happen. I've seen a lot of truly beautiful quilts on this board and I'm just a bit intimidated.
Rodney

CarolynMT 12-30-2013 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6481953)
One thing though, I'm a beginner at quilting so while I'll do my best perfection isn't going to happen. I've seen a lot of truly beautiful quilts on this board and I'm just a bit intimidated.
Rodney

Oh my gracious, do not be intimidated :p everyone is different, with different skills :) I am sure your work is fantastic!

One thing I learned over the years "No one is going to value your work if you do not value it first!" Try not to be too hard on yourself. :hug:

Yosamitesa 12-30-2013 02:47 PM

WELCOME!!! I have a ton of sign-ups to go through. Will update later. :)

Yosamitesa 01-02-2014 07:40 AM

We have a lot of returning members from last Q4Q and we have a TON of NEW swappers!!! WELCOME one and all. It is not about skill level here, it is about having fun, maybe learning something new, receiving a fantastic quilt and making new friends along the way.

We have 12/30 spaces filled, so there are 18 spaces left or 22 days left to fill this swap!!!

Here is a list of swappers so far!!! (If you need to drop out, let me know before January 24th)

oldcatlady
zzmom
Nexxus831
TwinRiversFarm
The Mama Hauser
emc1118
Short an Sweet
lovngrandma
roseirish48
CarolynMT
Elisabrat
Rodney

CarolynMT 01-02-2014 08:16 AM

I am so excited :) Just got a new book on quilting for the long arm, and it has some absolutely stunning patterns in it I would love to try out :) Plus trying out the quilting motifs as well. It is great to be able to do something for someone new. :hug:

roseirish48 01-02-2014 03:50 PM

cant wait to get my name and finding out what my partner likes,wants or needs. been looking at my collection of quilt magazines and have found couple I would love to do for my partner if they will fit the bill.