Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Annaquilts 12-13-2014 04:24 PM

Excited!
 
I am waiting for mine to come in from my partner. She just contacted me that she is ready to send so I am like a little kid waiting anxiously. My partner has dropped few if any hints so this will be a BIG surprise. You will hear my screams when the quilt is here.

Elisabrat 12-16-2014 05:38 AM

I received this gorgeous angel quilt from the Mamahauser and from Cindy our grand host. Its stunning, its so me, and it was an absolute surprise. I had let both of them know its ok let someone who needs it more get it and yet they did it for me inspite of me! Its so stunning I am hoping one of them can post a picture for you to see. I didn't deserve it yet love it so very much and its now gracing my bed. My hubby said which closet should I put it in. I looked him like he was nuts and said its for USING not saving! so on the bed it went. I am again one of the very lucky ones. You are a wonderful group of ladies. I hope ana that you get a chance to post your pictures of your received quilt also!

xox

lovngrandma 12-16-2014 12:50 PM

Y of course u deserve it,
I've been done with yosimitas for a couple of months, sending hers with a bit of Christmas, n still waiting on mine, having so much excitment, waiting, all a surprise, can't wait

Elisabrat 12-19-2014 08:53 AM

We are so lucky to have had Yosemitesa as our host. I am thankful for all you did for each of us. the gifting the sharing and the love that this swap ALWAYS shows. It was a wonderful swap and hope and pray you will do it one more time! a spring swap would be marvelous!

TheMamaHauser 12-22-2014 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503364[/ATTACH]

Here is a picture pre-binding but post-quilting.

Annaquilts 12-22-2014 10:44 PM


Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 7017677)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503364[/ATTACH]

Here is a picture pre-binding but post-quilting.

Lovely and cheerful quilt!

applique 12-23-2014 06:36 AM


Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 7006697)
I am waiting for mine to come in from my partner. She just contacted me that she is ready to send so I am like a little kid waiting anxiously. My partner has dropped few if any hints so this will be a BIG surprise. You will hear my screams when the quilt is here.

Anna's quilt is finally on its way. I sent her a PM with the tracking information and although it won't make it for Christmas, it will be there soon after. As long as it gets there undamaged I'll be very happy since it had to go into a lage 20" x 30" box and fragile stickers don't always help. A little background here. I don't do piecing although I do put on a border so the entire thing is machine applique. I also don't do quilting so Anna will quilt her top (I did send material for binding and a wide back). This is Anna's quilt she also pieced and quilted two small quilts which are incorporated and we both worked on it, close to 50/50. Before anyone asks there is no one pattern for it, it consists of many pieces from many places: trees, fields, chicken, rooster, horse etc. I apologize for the extra time it took and hope it is all worth it to Anna. This has certainly been a unique experience in many ways thanks to all.

lovngrandma 12-23-2014 09:33 PM

IMPORTANT Yosemita
 
I have your quilt all ready, please answer me, getting worried

lovngrandma 12-23-2014 09:36 PM

Yosemitesa
 

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 7013986)
We are so lucky to have had Yosemitesa as our host. I am thankful for all you did for each of us. the gifting the sharing and the love that this swap ALWAYS shows. It was a wonderful swap and hope and pray you will do it one more time! a spring swap would be marvelous!

Agreed --id love another one

Annaquilts 12-23-2014 09:58 PM


Originally Posted by applique (Post 7018635)
Anna's quilt is finally on its way. I sent her a PM with the tracking information and although it won't make it for Christmas, it will be there soon after. As long as it gets there undamaged I'll be very happy since it had to go into a lage 20" x 30" box and fragile stickers don't always help. A little background here. I don't do piecing although I do put on a border so the entire thing is machine applique. I also don't do quilting so Anna will quilt her top (I did send material for binding and a wide back). This is Anna's quilt she also pieced and quilted two small quilts which are incorporated and we both worked on it, close to 50/50. Before anyone asks there is no one pattern for it, it consists of many pieces from many places: trees, fields, chicken, rooster, horse etc. I apologize for the extra time it took and hope it is all worth it to Anna. This has certainly been a unique experience in many ways thanks to all.

Debbie you sure know how to keep some one in suspense. From the hints you are dropping I just know I will love it as we are in agriculture. For you folks also in this swap Debbie had many things happen this year from helping a friend in need that had no one else to getting of all things Lime disease and she still managed to do the swap. I appreciate that very much. thank you for being my partner Debbie. More to come when the applique top is here.

Annaquilts 12-23-2014 10:01 PM


Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 7019663)
I have your quilt all ready, please answer me, getting worried

Her profile shows as last date 10-13-2014 04:57 PM. I am a bit worried too. Has any one been in contact with her?

Yosamitesa 12-24-2014 06:56 PM

I'm here. Work has about killed me this year. I go to work, pick up lil one, eat dinner, put kid to bed and then I go to bed and cry. It's been a rough year. Grandma I will get your quilt in the mail just after New Years.

Quilty hugs and merry Christmas.

Annaquilts 12-24-2014 09:55 PM


Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 7020605)
I'm here. Work has about killed me this year. I go to work, pick up lil one, eat dinner, put kid to bed and then I go to bed and cry. It's been a rough year. Grandma I will get your quilt in the mail just after New Years.

Quilty hugs and merry Christmas.

It is so good to hear from you but I am sorry to hear how hard it has been. Praying for a better year next year.

applique 12-26-2014 05:18 AM


Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 7020738)
It is so good to hear from you but I am sorry to hear how hard it has been. Praying for a better year next year.

I'm joining the others to wish you a much better New Year and sending prayers your way. If there is any way we can help you need to let us know, we are here to help and support in any way we can.

sewmany 12-26-2014 05:32 AM

I was feeling a bit confused. I thought i missed a q for q swap. Or is the the same one that was started in the beginning of the year.?

lovngrandma 12-27-2014 09:51 PM

[

Same one, was waiting to hear from a person, n our hostess helped me out, nope , not a new one, I'm waiting as well ,


QUOTE=sewmany;7021637]I was feeling a bit confused. I thought i missed a q for q swap. Or is the the same one that was started in the beginning of the year.?[/QUOTE]

lovngrandma 12-27-2014 09:58 PM

Oh wow I sure want to see this one for sure, sounds unique my special thing I like to do, no one is exactly the same



Originally Posted by applique (Post 7018635)
Anna's quilt is finally on its way. I sent her a PM with the tracking information and although it won't make it for Christmas, it will be there soon after. As long as it gets there undamaged I'll be very happy since it had to go into a lage 20" x 30" box and fragile stickers don't always help. A little background here. I don't do piecing although I do put on a border so the entire thing is machine applique. I also don't do quilting so Anna will quilt her top (I did send material for binding and a wide back). This is Anna's quilt she also pieced and quilted two small quilts which are incorporated and we both worked on it, close to 50/50. Before anyone asks there is no one pattern for it, it consists of many pieces from many places: trees, fields, chicken, rooster, horse etc. I apologize for the extra time it took and hope it is all worth it to Anna. This has certainly been a unique experience in many ways thanks to all.


letsquilt 12-28-2014 12:14 PM

Have just been lurking here,OMG what beautiful quilts!

lovngrandma 12-28-2014 04:24 PM

Hello fellow stitchers-- I have lost Yosemiteas phone number I need to give her a ring, I know its here just not sure where,
N if anyone hears from tam...moo I need her address
Thanks in advance hope

applique 12-29-2014 07:06 AM

Tracking says tomorrow Anna!

Annaquilts 12-29-2014 01:32 PM


Originally Posted by applique (Post 7025319)
Tracking says tomorrow Anna!

Woohoo! Ready and waiting.

Annaquilts 01-07-2015 12:05 AM

Pictures!
 
6 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures of the wonderful quilt and "quilt" painting, made with fabric, I received from applique. I must say I was speechless when I received the box. See for yourself. Thank you applique.

TwinRiverFarm 01-07-2015 04:54 AM

Absolutely amazing!

Celeste 01-08-2015 09:36 PM

Stunning!,

oldcatlady 01-09-2015 07:23 AM

That is gorgeous! You're so blessed. :)

Rodney 01-12-2015 11:06 AM

It's been a long time since I stopped in on this thread. I'm glad I decided to today.
Wow! Applique that is some amazing work and TheMamaHauser the quilt you helped make for Elizabrat is just stunning! You all have done some very incredible work.
Rodney

oldcatlady 02-13-2015 08:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, after 5 months I finally heard that my quilt was received so I will post some pictures of the quilt I made. I'm done. No more swaps for me.

TwinRiverFarm 02-14-2015 03:40 PM

Oldcatlady, that is just beautiful! Definitely the best use of the panel and fabric line that I have seen. I am sad that this swap has not been repeated for 2015, but I totally understand the frustrations and disappointments that missed deadlines cause, especially when most swappers will follow through. Don't give up on all swaps please, they can be so much fun and quilters are such wonderful people!

jaba 02-14-2015 05:34 PM

It's is beautiful! I feel bad your partner didn't let you know and thank you for it. I was so looking forward to doing this again. I had fun making one for Dabbler and I loved the one she made for me.

Annaquilts 02-15-2015 03:17 AM


Originally Posted by oldcatlady (Post 7089415)
Well, after 5 months I finally heard that my quilt was received so I will post some pictures of the quilt I made. I'm done. No more swaps for me.

You made a stunning quilt Old Cat Lady. I love everything about it! I am so sorry to hear it took so long to hear the quilt was received.

applique 02-15-2015 06:06 AM


Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 7090812)
You made a stunning quilt Old Cat Lady. I love everything about it! I am so sorry to hear it took so long to hear the quilt was received.

Mine was late being finished (my bad) but I stayed in touch. Some times quilters don't understand their strengths and weaknesses which need to be considered when signing up and learn the hard way. The quilt you made Old Cat Lady is beautiful!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:48 PM.