Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

ljdugas31 03-01-2014 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by CarolynMT (Post 6601144)
Thank you LJ :) I am camped out in the house, even turned up heat. I keep spiking a fever :( doctor said it was some flu like thingy and it should go away soon enough. The good note, I am now a smoke free home. I was amazed at how easy it is to quit smoking when you cant breathe :p I havent had a cig since sunday at 7am. And the only craving I have to want one is the "am sitting in my smoking spot, doing things I do when I smoke" habits, So I just snack on almonds.

And there is no rush :) we have plenty of time. I still have my portals quilt on my frame :p really need to get working on it, when I can stand again without falling over! I have all the parts in, the specialty stuff, the batting, etc. Only lack the backing and threads.....am still debating on what I want to do for them. I did decide on a name for this piece :)

it will be dubbed "A Queens Romance" :) and will definitely earn it's name. I am so happy that I can do this piece for you :) really brings me joy!

Ok, must go clean up breathing apparatus and turn washer on........

Take care. Love the name. My husband calls me the Queen but not of Romance LOL...

ljdugas31 03-01-2014 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 (Post 6603529)
Take care. Love the name. My husband calls me the Queen but not of Romance LOL...

So gladyou quit smoking!! Good for you .No one knows how hard it is to do unless you have been there,

emc1118 03-01-2014 06:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]465227[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]465226[/ATTACH]
Hi Melinda,
Here are choices for your quilt. Pic with just fabrics, (pic is terrible) but they are greens and yellows with black (not shown) and will follow the quilt pattern in the middle. I think it is called Monkey Bars. The other choice is a bold gold (again terrible pic) fabric with a jelly roll I have with earth tones to form the chainlinks. That pattern is called Engagement. Any preference?

jaba 03-01-2014 07:27 PM

Those fabrics are beautiful! I think either one would be great. Lucky partner you have

Nexxus831 03-01-2014 10:52 PM

Emc1118 I love them both and would be honored to have either one but I really love the top one. Great choices

Annaquilts 03-01-2014 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by emc1118 (Post 6603947)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]465227[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]465226[/ATTACH]
Hi Melinda,
Here are choices for your quilt. Pic with just fabrics, (pic is terrible) but they are greens and yellows with black (not shown) and will follow the quilt pattern in the middle. I think it is called Monkey Bars. The other choice is a bold gold (again terrible pic) fabric with a jelly roll I have with earth tones to form the chainlinks. That pattern is called Engagement. Any preference?

Yummy fabrics. Especially the top pastels. Can't wait to see the finished quilt posted.

Yosamitesa 03-02-2014 07:39 PM

Everyone stay warm and safe.

QuilterMomma 03-03-2014 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a peek at quilt shortnsweet. Tell me if you want so I know what else I can do.

jaba 03-03-2014 08:30 PM

Have the top done now, just need to decide on the backing and then actually get it quilted.

dabbler312 03-03-2014 09:03 PM

I'm sewing blocks together - sew, trim, sew, trim - square down, add end pieces and square to 15-1/2"

Marking 120 bits for HST seemed to take forever - project is coming along nicely

Just put Mr. Beasley out and it's snowing once again - hmmmmm - March in like a lion hopefully out like a lamb.