Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Annaquilts 03-07-2014 08:44 AM

Some thing to wet your appetite and keep you wondering what applique and I are doing.

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures to wet everyone's appetites. applique and I are working together on two quilts. She does the applique and I do the quilting. She is busy appliqueing and asked me to help her by piecing a 12 in. and 22 in. quilt. She send me the most beautiful batik fabric to make these mini quilts that are parts of the quilts we will be making. That is all I can say as a lot of it is a mystery to me too. But here you go, some pictures of what I am doing and of course pictures of the beautiful fabrics.

ljdugas31 03-07-2014 01:40 PM

Looks Beautiful!!!!

jaba 03-07-2014 02:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Very nice colors in those stacks of hints!
Dabbler here is a hint for you on your red and white top and some choices for your backing...red, white on white, red and white or silver and white. Do you have a preference for the backing??[ATTACH=CONFIG]466118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]466119[/ATTACH]

Yosamitesa 03-07-2014 08:03 PM

Oh pretty!!! My vote...silver gray backing or white with the red swirly whirls. ;)

applique 03-08-2014 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6614045)
Here are some pictures to wet everyone's appetites. applique and I are working together on two quilts. She does the applique and I do the quilting. She is busy appliqueing and asked me to help her by piecing a 12 in. and 22 in. quilt. She send me the most beautiful batik fabric to make these mini quilts that are parts of the quilts we will be making. That is all I can say as a lot of it is a mystery to me too. But here you go, some pictures of what I am doing and of course pictures of the beautiful fabrics.

Yea Anna looking good! Can't wait to see what you chose to do. In the mean time finished the guild raffle quilt top and bottom and off to the LA who is doing the quilting for the guild. Then played with my dudes. Posted them under pictures too. Applique is done so into the UFO pile for piecing as I go for the next applique calling my name! Looking for spring!

Gannyrosie 03-08-2014 07:14 AM

applique that is so cute, looks like lots of work, at least for me. It is going to be just adorable when finished.

roseirish48 03-08-2014 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466315[/ATTACH]block #5 done--only 4 more to go before i start putting it together.

Yosamitesa 03-09-2014 05:37 AM

Roseirish I love those blocks. Shadow appliqué is stunning.

Gannyrosie 03-09-2014 05:44 AM

Hi all, have been away from sewing and board for 2 weeks. Had the grandsons this week and last week was Mardi Gras parades and fun. Now to get back to working on my quilt for the swap. Even though I can't show any picks it's looking pretty good. Working on it slow and steady. I've enjoyed looking at all the chatter and pics that all have posted.

emc1118 03-09-2014 06:44 AM

Hi Melinda, weekly check in. I haven't started cutting or piecing but hope to this week. I have a project I am trying to get off my design wall so I can keep your all together when I start. Have a great week!!