Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Yosamitesa 03-10-2014 06:53 AM

YEA!!! Glad to see the chatter and the pictures. :) Been getting check-ins!! Keep them coming!

dabbler312 03-10-2014 07:54 AM

jaba I love the choices - I favor the red and white. Can't wait to see it when it's all finished.

I sewed a little this morning before work - I still have ten star blocks left to finish and then I can start putting my rows together. So far I'm liking how it looks.

CarolynMT 03-10-2014 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well my thread came in today, :( sadly the brick red is too brown and the porcelain was too yellow. Good news though is that Fil-Tec is going to be at the MQX show. I think I will just take a sample of the fabric with me and get my thread there. :) This is very special thread :) for a very special quilt, this piece just calls for all the extra specials!

I have most of the blocks cut out, about 1/2 of them pieced, still waiting on more extras, what I ordered was not what I wanted......sigh, kinda glad we have a long lead time here, since I cant seem to get everything working perfect like I want!

Good News II, I got my portals quilt off the frame today, took for bloody ever! But it is looking great. Wont put another big piece on until I get my swap piece loaded :) going to do some fancy custom quilting on it too.

So I am not the fastest with this piece, however this is the perfect piece (colors, design, etc) to show off some things I have been wanting to try out, so it is taking a little longer than usual for me. A Queens Romance will be a truly one of a kind beautiful piece :) cant wait to get it finished so I can show it off!

Hugs! Oh and last bit of good news, am getting better every day, going on week #3 without a cig. :) Guess I can officially say I am a non-smoker now. Whoohoo! HUGS!...

And just for teaser :) here is the backing I found, it is absolutely perfect, if I didnt know better I would swear it was from the same fabric line!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466614[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 03-10-2014 03:23 PM

Great job on the cigs Carolyn. That is a challenge for sure and glad you are meeting it. You are going to feel so much better.
Have not worked on my partners yet, although she likes what I am doing.

Gannyrosie 03-11-2014 04:31 AM

Carolyn I had quit for almost 5 years, then things in my life was too difficult to handle, and well you know what happened. I want to do it again, but it's hard when you have a spouse that is non supportive. But I will be strong and make that commitment to me one day soon.
Got another 4 blocks done and liking the outcome. I did go out my box a little with this quilt, so it's going to be slow. I also steered away from the pattern, and this gets me more exited than sticking to one. Need to have this top done by April so I can start HQ it and have it ready for the finale.

ljdugas31 03-11-2014 09:27 AM

I am so happy you are feeling better Carolyn,and not smoking!!!!!! I love the backing. I am gonna see if my sister can post a picture of your quilt,just a teaser.LOL I am coming along pretty fast. Just have to sandwhich it and then quilt it. So we will see!!

Yosamitesa 03-11-2014 12:06 PM

Ok ladies and gents...update on me...my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. In going through all of the routine tests before surgery, they found an irregularity in her EKG, which lead us to the cardiologist. She was diagnosed with Left Bundle Branch Block (LBBB). After a nuclear stress test and an echocardiogram, everything looks good for her to proceed with the surgery (lumpectomy) with minimal chance of anything happening to her heart during the surgery. So...with that being said, the lumpectomy surgery has been scheduled for the 21st. Afterwards, she will do radiation and should be in remission once all is complete. Through all of this, throw in a brother hospitalized and diagnosed with pancreatitis, my lil man getting ready for dental surgery on the 17th (my anniversary) and my grandmother going back into Home Health and getting oxygen so she doesn't stop breathing at night while she sleeps...I feel like I have been through the wringer.

As for my sewing...haven't uncovered my machine in weeks...haven't cut fabric in weeks...haven't been to a fabric store is weeks. The only fabric "fix" I'm getting is from going through my stash looking for pink, cream and a few greens to make a strip quilt for my mom. Thankfully a few lovely quilty friends have been sweet enough to mail me some, so that also feeds my "fix".

Quilty hugs and know that I'm here if you all need me. If I don't respond right away, know that I will soon. :)

Rodney 03-11-2014 01:01 PM

Yosemitasa I'm very sorry to see that there's so much going on with your family. Prayers for all of them.
Rodney

CarolynMT 03-11-2014 01:02 PM

Yosamitesa, you and your family will be in my prayers. If you need anything I can do, let me know. :)

jillaine 03-11-2014 06:45 PM

just checking in... so glad to see all this yummy activity! Annaquilts, you are a TEASE!!!!