Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

jaba 04-18-2014 09:16 AM

So excited, it looks amazing!!!! So many different batiks, it will go with anything. Can't wait to receive it!!!! Have half the binding sewn just need to finish another side and it will be ready to come your way. Thank you Dabbler, I'm going to love this for sure!:thumbup:

roseirish48 04-18-2014 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
even though i havent finished the quilt for this swap--or the other 4-5 that are in various stages--a past co-worker brought a little something she found at an estate sale she attended. Thirty-seven Dresdan plate quilt blocks all ready to join and quilt. they are 17" inches square done in 1930 prints on muslin. Cant wait to get them done up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]472166[/ATTACH]

Rodney 04-18-2014 11:43 AM

Nice get! I love Dresden plates! Is it my eyes or is this a wonky one?
Rodney

sewmany 04-21-2014 03:13 PM

Dabbler. They are really pretty blocks and fabric.

i am going to surprise my partner and hold on the pictures.

it is moving slowly. Thought i work on in during this 3 day weekend but was hit with the flu.

jaba 04-21-2014 04:35 PM

I love the sneak peaks Dabbler, can hardly wait for the whole quilt. Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roseirish48 04-21-2014 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6681601)
Nice get! I love Dresden plates! Is it my eyes or is this a wonky one?
Rodney

they are beautiful blocs. I laid one block acros my ottoman ad took picture with my phone camers so perspective is off

mumukate 04-23-2014 05:11 AM

Good morning everyone! YAY...I have all roseirish48's blocks put together!!! Can't believe I got 10 blocks done this morning...I'm on a roll! Now to square-up and start putting blocks together. Had to replace fabric for setting triangles as I didn't order enough & they were out of stock. I like the replacement better!!! Hubby said he likes it so much he's not going to let me give it away! LOL (he's jk) Had to promise I'd make one for him. Everyone have a great day!

roseirish48 04-23-2014 05:29 PM

worked on last 2 blocks today--still have last one only half done. once i finish it, then need to set top and determine how i am going to do corner triangles.i will finish this quilt---i will finish this quilt---i will finish this quilt--but it would be so much easier if i actually was working with a pattern.

Yosamitesa 04-25-2014 10:43 AM

Still missing a few updates...please let me know!

CarolynMT 04-26-2014 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok ;) I got my piece "Queen's Romance" on my long arm yesterday, was all set to start quilting it this morning. Had my tea in my cup with a lid (cause cat loves to share and I dont :p ) everyone was fed and watered. Just about stepped down to get to work and the power went out :p sigh, whole city was out for like 2hrs. So I ended up folding all my tiny scraps that were long enough to ruler fold into 2.5 x 2.5 bundles (nice strips) and bagged up the others for cutting in to precut sizes.

I did get down into the long arm room today after my nap :p and I started on my partners quilt :) I will not show all the quilt, because it is a big secret, but since she just had surgery recently ;) I thought she might like a sneak peak. So here is one of the blocks quilted up, and I have to say, I am totally in love with it.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]473124[/ATTACH]