Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

mumukate 03-14-2014 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6616526)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466315[/ATTACH]block #5 done--only 4 more to go before i start putting it together.

That is BEAUTIFUL, Rose! I'm SO excited!!! I gotta learn how to do shadow applique!

jaba 03-15-2014 07:15 AM

mumukate, it's called scrolls so I guess it is. Got it from Connecting Threads. It's beautiful fabric!

roseirish48 03-15-2014 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by mumukate (Post 6626967)
That is BEAUTIFUL, Rose! I'm SO excited!!! I gotta learn how to do shadow applique!

glad you are liking it. i have 4 more blocks to do before i put them all together. i am eagerly awaiting to see how it turns out as never done shadow applique before.

Yosamitesa 03-15-2014 04:47 PM

Still waiting to hear from 5 people. Please update me.

Yosamitesa 03-16-2014 04:56 AM

Have 2 swappers I NEED to hear from.

applique 03-16-2014 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 6628866)
Have 2 swappers I NEED to hear from.

My wonderful partner checked us both in so here is what I am working on "in between". My GD has had a hard time with the divorce and seeks comfort in her blankie. Her parents aren't thrilled and it has caused her to cling even tighter. She loves penguins so I took an extra one, paired it up with some leftover cuddle fabric and a scrap of satin. This 15 inch block will be a mini 'quillo' which will fit in her pocket all folded up until she really needs it, then she can refold it and tuck it back into the pocket. If it works out, I may make more. We'll see.

KGoodhand 03-16-2014 05:48 AM

What a wonderful idea! It sounds like a perfect compromise! How old is she if you don't mind me asking? My one daughter had a pillow she used to take everywhere. I fixed that thing so many times, and restuffed it a couple too! It made her happy and that is the important part! I don't understand why the parents are making such a big deal of it!! I would love to see a picture when you get it done!

Originally Posted by applique (Post 6628923)
My wonderful partner checked us both in so here is what I am working on "in between". My GD has had a hard time with the divorce and seeks comfort in her blankie. Her parents aren't thrilled and it has caused her to cling even tighter. She loves penguins so I took an extra one, paired it up with some leftover cuddle fabric and a scrap of satin. This 15 inch block will be a mini 'quillo' which will fit in her pocket all folded up until she really needs it, then she can refold it and tuck it back into the pocket. If it works out, I may make more. We'll see.

Yosamitesa 03-17-2014 03:46 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Y'all enjoy the day. I'll be at the children's hospital with my lil man today. It's also my 7 year anniversary. ;)

jaba 03-17-2014 06:16 AM

Happy Anniversary Yosamitesa. Wishing everyone the luck of the Irish today!

roseirish48 03-17-2014 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6630857)
Happy Anniversary Yosamitesa. Wishing everyone the luck of the Irish today!

luck of the Irish today involved my finding the snake that escaped from its cage back in November. We had given up on finding it--figured it had died from lack of heat and food. I figure it must have lived off spiders and found water in laundry sink and heat by lying on top of dryer. leastways that is where it was this morning when I went to do laundry--curled up under a couple of tops i decided to pick up and throw in with my light-colored clothes. Thought it was a rubber snakes til it moved. My heart should stop racing around Easter if i am really lucky. maybe i should move it Ireland--i understand there are no snakes there.