Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Annaquilts 03-17-2014 07:41 AM

I'd drop death if that happened to me. Almost as bad as my son's Costa Rican zebra tarantula that escape. It was an aggressive type that threw out its fangs and spit poison. She also hit in the laundry room but I was fortunately not the one to find her.

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6631069)
luck of the Irish today involved my finding the snake that escaped from its cage back in November. We had given up on finding it--figured it had died from lack of heat and food. I figure it must have lived off spiders and found water in laundry sink and heat by lying on top of dryer. leastways that is where it was this morning when I went to do laundry--curled up under a couple of tops i decided to pick up and throw in with my light-colored clothes. Thought it was a rubber snakes til it moved. My heart should stop racing around Easter if i am really lucky. maybe i should move it Ireland--i understand there are no snakes there.

Yosamitesa 03-17-2014 03:07 PM

Home from a long and very rough day at the children's hospital. Time to cook anniversary dinner.

KGoodhand 03-18-2014 04:09 AM

Hope everything went well for you at the hospital. Hopefully you enjoyed some nice anniversary time last night!

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 6631826)
Home from a long and very rough day at the children's hospital. Time to cook anniversary dinner.

Rodney 03-18-2014 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6631069)
luck of the Irish today involved my finding the snake that escaped from its cage back in November. We had given up on finding it--figured it had died from lack of heat and food. I figure it must have lived off spiders and found water in laundry sink and heat by lying on top of dryer. leastways that is where it was this morning when I went to do laundry--curled up under a couple of tops i decided to pick up and throw in with my light-colored clothes. Thought it was a rubber snakes til it moved. My heart should stop racing around Easter if i am really lucky. maybe i should move it Ireland--i understand there are no snakes there.

:D
I take it you're not the one who keeps snakes in the house? With the exception of fish I don't keep cold blooded pets. Especially ones that can get big enough to eat me.

Yosemitesa: Happy Anniversary! and I hope things went well for your son.
Rodney

roseirish48 03-19-2014 02:21 PM

:D
I take it you're not the one who keeps snakes in the house? With the exception of fish I don't keep cold blooded pets. Especially ones that can get big enough to eat me.
no rodney--these are pet corn snakes that my son's girlfriend has for her daughter. i personally cant stand snakes but will allow as long as they stay in their cage

Yosamitesa 03-20-2014 11:07 AM

Quick check in. Glad everyone is doing well! Still waiting to hear from 1 swapper. Getting concerned. If you haven't heard from your partner in a while, please let me know ASAP!

Elisabrat 03-20-2014 01:16 PM

I think my partner is doing nicely :) no bad news at least! I have still one more round to whip up but hoping to get it to the quilters this coming month for quilting. Then its finish time for me and tada! off to my partner in time!!! I have had a lot of fun with this one at first.. not so much I mean SANTA AND ANGELS in FEBRUARY!!! but then I sorta got to liking it lol and pretty soon I think its awfully pretty. Now just to finish it and pat myself on the back. TADA ok gotta get sewing!

Yosamitesa 03-21-2014 09:26 AM

Mom is fine. They think the biopsy got all of it because there want anything really left when they went in today. Lymph nodes were not affected

roseirish48 03-21-2014 03:56 PM

always nice to hear good news Yosamitesa. Today I worked on the 5th block for the quilt--almost done and will take pic to post tomorrow. Hoping to get a start on the 6th block tomorrow also. If i am real lucky (read ambitious) i might even be able to get it on the frame by beginning of next month.

Boop56 03-22-2014 11:23 AM

Well second cornea transplant is done and recovering great. Am back to driving which I have not done since June. Putting black around my blocks then will be able to assemble it. The weather here is extremely nice that I am sewing in my enclosed porch. All windows and doors open. Sewing machine humming, birds singing, and wind chimes making their magical music. Grandson is racing go karts in Orlando in World Series and posted 10th out of 38 today. Have a grand weekend!.