Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

jaba 03-04-2014 06:44 AM

That's a lot of HST miss dabbler! I bet it's going to be beautiful though. Weather not to bad here, cold but it didn't snow yesterday. Short lived I think, they are calling for it today.

Rodney 03-04-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 6607852)
Here is a peek at quilt shortnsweet. Tell me if you want so I know what else I can do.

Nice!
I'm working on a quilt for my wife with a very similar pattern. The biggest difference is I'm using a 9 patch where you have your red and white. I've been struggling with piecing the blocks to each other. Getting all the points lined up in the corners has been a nightmare. I think it might be a good idea to split my football shapes like yours are. That would make things a lot easier.
Rodney

dabbler312 03-04-2014 02:55 PM

What was I thinking - it must have been late when I typed that - sorry jaba - I meant it was marking for flying geese and not HST - each block has four flying geese units to make the points for the floating stars (30 blocks/8 points each = 240 patches) - that's what I get for staying up so late any more.

jaba 03-04-2014 04:22 PM

Too funny, I thought you changed the pattern. Now I'm wondering if you showed me one or if I was dreaming that you did?? Trust me it will be a surprise for sure. Been one of those surprise weeks I guess, hope it will work out. Assuming if it is suppose to it will.

Dragonfly Nana 03-04-2014 04:47 PM

Jan are you snitching some of Brat's meds? The could explain the "surprise" kind of week you're having. tee hee

roseirish48 03-04-2014 05:36 PM

got pattern block #5 drafted and had planned on doing today but didnt get that far. on schedule for tomorrow along with more of border on the applique quilt and hand quilting on a baby quilt i have on frame. things are progressing.

mumukate 03-05-2014 04:48 AM

I think I learn something every time I sit down to sew...I learned that I've been sewing too fast! I slowed my machine down to about half the speed it was and I find it's much easier to hold a 1/4" seam & locking seams is easier too. I sort of feel like "Ned in the first reader" (as a friend of mine says) but sewing at this pace is MUCH less stressful! LOL!

Elisabrat 03-05-2014 06:36 AM

My top is 4.5 inches from done! lol.. keep working at it one inch at a time.. did another round at 4.5 inches which in the end I really like so it was worth it. Now do I go 4.5 inches and call it a day or do I go larger which I think it needs for that grand finish? thinking.. larger so what to do what to do....

Yosamitesa 03-05-2014 02:49 PM

Glad to see the chatter and the group having fun!!! :) Dealing with a lot of personal issues with my family, so I may not be around this weekend and next weekend. If you need me, drop me a pm and I'll get back with you asap. :)

Don't forget...I will need status updates on or before 3/15. That is 10 days away!!! :)

roseirish48 03-05-2014 06:24 PM

got next block cut out and pinned together--will sew tomorrow. finished quilting the baby quilt i had on frame.