Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

PeginCO 07-22-2015 08:49 PM

Sewbizgirl, I've seen a couple in Pinterest, but never with a name. I just love it, though.

sewbizgirl 07-22-2015 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by PeginCO (Post 7265068)
Sewbizgirl, I've seen a couple in Pinterest, but never with a name. I just love it, though.

Me too! It's on my list to do with my 30's prints.

WMUTeach 07-23-2015 05:37 AM

Thanks for keeping an eye out for this pattern. I figured the snow ball part of it but having a pattern always helps.

calla 07-23-2015 07:35 AM

Hello all, I am not a member of this swap....sheesh...what a mistake on my part............but I have purchased some of those sqs and didn't know what to do with them. You all have inspired me........the photos posted by PeginCo, especially #9 reminds me of slanted stars radiating from one central area.............I'm curious about what jaba is talking about........also I am actually swooning over the hexies by sewbizgirl......I need to head for Mississippi perhaps she'll show me how to do those.......calla

barbarakibler23 07-23-2015 07:00 PM

Hello Calla
Thanks for dropping by and chiming in on our thread.

You will get ideas a motivation from these ladies. I hope that you consider joining us in next years swap.

btw....where are you in Michigan? I am live in Ypsilanti

barbarakibler23 07-23-2015 07:04 PM

sewbizgirl ...I LOVE YOUR Hexagon quilt!!!! That is so awesome! I have seen that pattern before but your fabric is beautiful.

PeginCo...sounds like an awesome vacation with your family. did you manage to visit any quilt shops for the row by row????
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

barbarakibler23 07-23-2015 07:36 PM

Hello everyone...August Birthday address has been sent out. If you did not get a PM from me please let me know.

ALSO if Janet (travelinggramma) gets all of her packages by her birthday I will pick two names for the contest! So let's see what we can do....there is only one birthday this month!

Get ready September has 8 birthdays!!!!!......wonder what 9 months earlier is for September?????
Christmas/ Holidays/ Eggnog.....need I say more! :thumbup:
Barb

sewbizgirl 07-23-2015 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 7265940)
sewbizgirl ...I LOVE YOUR Hexagon quilt!!!! That is so awesome! I have seen that pattern before but your fabric is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Thank you so much. I wish I had saved a piece of the original fabric, as so many people have asked to see it. I used it all in cutting hexagons, tho...

Got travelinggramma's address and will send her goodies early. Hope she is blessed!

Can't wait til Sept. and the 8 birthdays... whew! Glad I cut ahead.

jaba 07-24-2015 06:37 AM

Just checking in and seeing what everyone is doing. Busy time here picking peas, beans and raspberries. I still haven't found the pattern, maybe it was in my dreams. Seems as though I dream quilting designs or patterns all the time, haven't found a cure for that yet :)

WMUTeach 07-24-2015 06:43 AM

Well, I know what was 9 months before my September 18 birthday..... my parent's wedding night! Their anniversary was December 24. Oh, my that is TMI but it took me about 50 + years to figure it out. Tee-Hee-Hee :o