Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

Rosemary Attaway 10-30-2015 05:32 PM

mailed Nov. birthday cards today!

WMUTeach 10-31-2015 04:42 AM

Off to quilt workday for my quild. Just wanted to let our birthday gals know your little packages left with the mailman yesterday! Happy cold and windy Saturday! I think I smell potato soup in my future.

happylab 10-31-2015 09:26 AM

Thank-you from moonrise and Michell from Tx. I recieved my candy from you. That's a total of 7 squishes. unsure what my total s/b.

I will mail out my candy on Monday. I hope you get it on time. I'll wait and see.

Question: Can we participate in the birthday contest if it's our day? Just curious.

I bought myself self a birthday gift from me and my husband. I decided to buy the studio2 cutter. My husband noted it was on sale. My project is to cut out a top or two. Then I can spend the next month sewing them.

I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!!!!!!!! Enjoy sewing and quilting!!!!!

Daisy Dew 10-31-2015 02:45 PM

it's no spook story I rec'd bunches of candy today and I didn't even have to get dressed in a costume or go out in the cold!!!
Thanks to: SewBizGirl, Janice McC, Karen G, MichelleSews, and Moonrise

Thanks Bunches!! that's 10 sew far!!

sewbizgirl 10-31-2015 09:21 PM

Glad you got my package, Daisy Dew!

barbarakibler23 11-01-2015 07:30 PM

Hello Ladies
Hope everyone is well this Halloween weekend. Here in Michigan it rained on Halloween which makes it no fun for the kids and a bowl full of candy left for me(Oh dear).
I received my last package on Halloween ..so thank you goes to J_Cody. the squares are lovely and look forward adding them to my ever growing stash!

I also received during the week a package from Daisy Dew...thought I sent a thank you but could not find a post. So thanks to you Daisy.

I received so many beautiful candy squares from all of you and some really nice bonuses too! Fat quarters, 5" squares, Row by Row patterns(so cool to have them from so many states) and (even a Row by Row kit)and Row by Row license plates. Also a row by row ruler (very cool). also a little bag that is all folded. (need help I unfolded it....YIKES! ), note papered lots of wonderful cards which I hung on the closet door and posted on Facebook.
You ladies spoil me. Thank you so much.

I think I have enough squares now to make a true Postage Stamp Quilt . gonna do it!

Feel like a lucky girl,
Barb

barbarakibler23 11-01-2015 07:46 PM

now on to some of your posts.....
November ladies...great to see your packages are coming in. It is so much fun! Happylab you should receive 29 packages. Daisy Dew I count 11 packages that you received.

Lv2sew2011, Janice McC and Jaba.....love the work ladies. I need to get some motivation from all of you.

Sewbizgirl I made the film at 5 ...it went together very easily. I gave to a friend, she is afraid to use it. LOL
Thanks for the links for the quilts.

Happylab...not sure what a Studio cutter is???? please let us know how you like it.

DottieDodge please post Christmas present pictures. I need motivation!

WMUteach...I made soup on Halloween...is it because we live in Michigan and it was a miserable Halloween? Anyway I love soup...Potato soup sounds YUM feel free to post the recipe. :) I made Creamy Onion Soup...yep it was YUM! and maybe a little better then usual because the onions were from my garden!

Michellesews... you are in my thoughts and prayers. Just going through ALS with my brother-in -law , it is so tough of the family as well as the patient. So many hopes and dreams are taken away from you. Know that the ladies on this site are your friends, we are here for you, wether you are with us next year or not...please keep us in touch.
This swap doesn't end until March so keep us up to date on YOU. There is nothing we can do for your husband but we can be here for you.

Hope I got everything here....Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. It was a great day (let's be honest...I celebrated all weekend).

Barb

Karen G 11-02-2015 05:36 AM

Just got back from a wonderful retreat, I finished two quilts from Bonnie Hunter patterns, Rectangle Wrangle needed six inch Ohio star block border to be sewn together and attached. Blue Ridge Beauty blocks were ready to be sewn together. I needed eleven more six inch blocks. I got that one ready for two simple borders which I cut when I got home. I was very happy with my progress. The best part, though, was that my sister was able to join me!

Anoka Quilter 11-02-2015 08:43 AM

So sorry to hear about the downfall of your husbands health. We will miss not having you hear with us next year, pop in once in a while to say hi and let us know how you are doing.

Originally Posted by Michellesews (Post 7355237)
Thank you everyone for all my lovely candies. I'm trying to do Bonnie Hunters leaders and Enders with mine.
Live enjoyed being part of the swap but I will not be able to take part next year due to my husband's ALS. My time is no longer my own and I'm having to let most of my extra-curricular activities go in order to take care of him. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you! Xxxoooxxxooo!

Anoka Quilter 11-02-2015 09:34 AM

Wow Jaba, I really like that pattern. What a great quilt.

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7359072)
So glad you are sewing Janice, it's great therapy. At least it was and is for me :) hope it works for you too.
Michelle prayers and hugs being sent your way, it's very hard mentally and physically. Be sure to take care of yourself too.
I've started working on another quilt too. Between the b-day candies and SheriR's swap...plus what I cut from left overs, I have to make them into something :) Set this one a little different, at least for me.[ATTACH=CONFIG]534443[/ATTACH]