Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

sewbizgirl 02-21-2016 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 7471891)
Thank you to the following birthday swappers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These ladies have either sent in all the candies on time or 1 late arrival. I am giving the benefit of doubt to the one late because of mailing or maybe a birthday girl did not post promptly. (Janice McC has already received from them too!)

bjsmith57
sewbizgirl
jaba
Karen G
moonrise
maT
kele
Patrick's Mom
n10sgrrl
anoka quilter
travelinggramma
NoraB
barbarakibler23
djmat
Rosemary Attaway
Janice McC

Thanks ladies for making my job easy.

Yay for us! I hope every one in this list is going to be in the next swap! :)

Here's my 'secret' for being on time... 1) Get the packages ready ahead of time and have them waiting in a bin, 2) Mail out as soon as Barb posts the birthday addresses for that month.

It's as simple as that! And nobody feels forgotten on their birthday. Cards that arrive AFTER the birthday just don't have the same "joy factor".

Janice McC 02-21-2016 01:43 PM

So tomorrow is my birthday and I've received another package this weekend. My thank you to MichelleSews. That one is number 26. I'm hoping the remaining 3 arrive tomorrow so I can open them all! My big "plan" is to wait until the mail runs and then sit with a lovely cup of coffee or hot cocoa and open every single one in a fell swoop. I love having those wonderful envelopes open and all the happy wishes spread before me on the table. It feels wonderful. Cannot wait until tomorrow! I'll post pix for sure!

Lv2sew2011 02-21-2016 03:43 PM

Is this for the Feb. Birthdays? If so I've sent in all 3 that was PM in my inbox.

I sent all 3 at the same time. Don't know why my name isn't on here too.

These ladies have either sent in all the candies on time or 1 late arrival. I am giving the benefit of doubt to the one late because of mailing or maybe a birthday girl did not post promptly. (Janice McC has already received from them too!)

bjsmith57
sewbizgirl
jaba
Karen G
moonrise
maT
kele
Patrick's Mom
n10sgrrl
anoka quilter
travelinggramma
NoraB
barbarakibler23
djmat
Rosemary Attaway
Janice McC

barbarakibler23 02-21-2016 05:30 PM

Lv2sew2011 it is for the entire 12 months all 30 birthdays!

Sewbizgirl...wonderful words of wisdom...Thanks for sharing your idea...exactly how I do it too!

Barbara

barbarakibler23 02-21-2016 05:31 PM

Sorry I did not make myself clear...this is for the entire year!!!! All 30 birthdays!!!

bjsmith57
sewbizgirl
jaba
Karen G
moonrise
maT
kele
Patrick's Mom
n10sgrrl
anoka quilter
travelinggramma
NoraB
barbarakibler23
djmat
Rosemary Attaway
Janice McC

letsquilt 02-21-2016 06:13 PM

As far as the full year,I also sent in all of my Birthday candies,I know I was late with one.

barbarakibler23 02-21-2016 09:24 PM

Just to let everyone know that ALL of your packages must be received by Feb 28th to participate in the next swap.

Barb

travelinggramma 02-22-2016 04:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Janice McC - Patiently waiting a whole year - you are the best! Wishing you a warm hot toddy as your open all your non-fattening candy, with visions of patterns floating in your head.

Janice McC 02-22-2016 05:11 AM

Thank you TG but it's more like I'm an expert at delayed gratification. Oooh, this afternoon I open them!

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7473115)
Janice McC - Patiently waiting a whole year - you are the best! Wishing you a warm hot toddy as your open all your non-fattening candy, with visions of patterns floating in your head.

Anoka Quilter 02-22-2016 12:53 PM

Happy Birthday Janice. Hope you have fun opening the candies.