Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

djmat 02-24-2016 02:02 PM

Well good grief, I forgot to wish Rosemary a Happy Birthday on the thread! All good wishes for many happy returns of the day to you, Rosemary!!!
sisterly hugs,
dj

Karen G 02-29-2016 05:19 AM

I have bowed out for the next year. Have a great year and wishing you each a happy birthday!

sewbizgirl 02-29-2016 06:25 AM

We will miss you Karen G! Stick around and quiltalong with us, to use up the birthday charms you've been collecting, if you haven't already.

Last night I made up the rest of my packages, cutting 2.5" strips into charm squares for our swap. Just need to buy another dozen cards to put them in and I'm good to go for the whole year-- 27 swap packages! I can just sit back and quilt, and wait for the birthdays to come.

So, are we ready for our first quiltalong on Friday? We'll be talking about collecting the fabrics and the first steps of construction. Can't wait.

I've been using my candies and can finally close my original drawer of candy... but then I keep finding other places I have stashed them! They are all so pretty... I'm making up 9 patches for a dancing 9 patch, in addition to the Arkansas Crossroads we will be doing in our quiltalong. I need to make a big dent in my candy stash before my birthday comes in April!

barbarakibler23 02-29-2016 07:52 AM

sewbizgirl I think we need a photo of that drawer!!!!!!!!!

barbarakibler23 02-29-2016 08:42 AM

We have a winner....Congratulations..... MaT your prize will be in the mail soon. :)

Barb

Clmay 02-29-2016 09:27 AM

I can't wait to get started. I have all of my candies cut, packaged and now separated by month and day. I am so excited. I am also trying to keep up with a few other swaps. I love this group.

I just got 2 99Ks. I also ordered a Sophia 2. It should be arriving today. Yehaa. Life is so good to me!

maT 02-29-2016 05:08 PM

Thanks Barb! I will look forward to the mail! I too will not be doing the swap for the next year but look forward to following to following the quilt -a-long with all of you !

WMUTeach 02-29-2016 05:32 PM

Did some minor organizing of my quilting room today. I re-arranged the bins of fabric in my closet and now the doors close! Yeah! I also found all of my treats from 2015 and 2016 and those that I have cut from odd scraps from my own stash. A shoe box full. Had to push down the top hard to make it close. Ready for the quilt along! I am even skipping out on work Friday to join my quilty friends! (I can work online from home too :o!)

NoraB 03-01-2016 09:48 AM

Yee-haw! Friday sounds like fun. I have a lunch to attend and visitors staying a few days...but if you guys post what you are doing....I will check it out once everything is back to "normal"...Have fun!

sewbizgirl 03-01-2016 11:25 AM

Don't forget to switch the conversation over to the 2016-2017 thread. That's where the quiltalong will be!