Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

jaba 04-29-2015 05:32 PM

Received 1 today from K. House, no board name so don't know who this is from. Newbies like me to this swap really need a board name on the envelope. Would be so helpful just to write it above your address label with b/day swap. Just a suggestion, it's hard to figure out what swap it is when you're in several of them. I am having to feel the package and think what one "should " this be... Don't mean to step on toes but then there wouldn't be any guess work and our hostess wouldn't have to send a PM and let us know. Less work for her I'm sure.

sewbizgirl 04-29-2015 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7181304)
Received 1 today from K. House, no board name so don't know who this is from. Newbies like me to this swap really need a board name on the envelope. Would be so helpful just to write it above your address label with b/day swap. Just a suggestion, it's hard to figure out what swap it is when you're in several of them. I am having to feel the package and think what one "should " this be... Don't mean to step on toes but then there wouldn't be any guess work and our hostess wouldn't have to send a PM and let us know. Less work for her I'm sure.

You are right. Every envelope should have the board name above the real name. It's confusing for everyone when it's not there.

K. House is "KarenG", btw.

Lv2sew2011 04-29-2015 06:39 PM

Mailed off May's Birthdays...Today! Hope you all have a great birthday!

There was one envelope that the lady at the PO said seem to be lighter than the others. So please check and make sure I sent you 50 squares...I think I did..LOL!

barbarakibler23 04-29-2015 07:08 PM

Anoka Quilter...love the new quilt that you posted. I also like the one on the top of the page with the stars...any idea what that one is called?

Barb

QUOTE=Anoka Quilter;7180434]I am thinking that would be a good one for my 2015 Birthday candies. I still have all my 2014 candies and I am thinking about making the quilt that sewbizgirl shared with the list "Growing Up Odd" https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.c...-up-odd-quilt/

The worse part about it for me is that the more patterns that are posted the more patterns I want to do. At the rate I am going with all the patterns I like I will be a participant in this swap for years and never give up my spot.[/QUOTE]

jaba 04-30-2015 05:26 PM

Received my candies today from SheriR and will open tomorrow with the others. Thank you all so much, I know I'm going to love them. SheriR and I were partners for the mini wall hanging swap and I received it today too. Pic is on the sewing room computer so will post what she sent tomorrow, it's a real beauty and hanging in my kitchen already. I love it!! Thank you again Sheri it's so perfect for me ...love those flowers

barbarakibler23 04-30-2015 07:07 PM

Jaba
Please post a list tomorrow (after you get your mail) of ALL of the envelopes you have received. Those people are the only ones that get to play in the contest on Saturday.

Thanks
(happy birthday eve)
Barb

dottie dodge 05-01-2015 05:22 AM

Happy Birthday Jaba! My charms will be late. I was busy with my spring gardening and yard work and simply forgot to mail. Hope the postal gods smile on me and deliver within the 10 day past due time frame. I mailed on Tuesday the 28th. Have fun opening your birthday charms!

jaba 05-01-2015 05:55 AM

Thank you dottie, just from Neb. maybe today or tomorrow, will let you know.
Barb, I can do that...don't get my mail until 2 or 3 this afternoon but will post then

NoraB 05-01-2015 07:33 AM

Happy Birthday JABA! Hope you have a GREAT Day and enjoy opening all your candies!

I was cleaning up my sewing room to get started on a new project and decided to mail the rest of the May birthday packets today. So, Karen G, Moonrise and maT.........your birthday candies are on their way to you.......they will arrive early, but you can enjoy the anticipation as they all start coming in!

Everyone have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Nora

TPr9258 05-01-2015 08:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jaba,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518522[/ATTACH]