Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2018 April Secret Pal Sign Up Sheet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2018-april-secret-pal-sign-up-sheet-t295688.html)

verna2197 03-28-2018 02:50 PM

The skin tone fabric I used you can see thru it, the arms are laying on top of dark material and you can see it. Yes I used iron on fusible, not sure I did it right but I did it the way I felt comfortable with. The tag that I made the wording is all hand sewed, just doing alot of backstitching. Really doesnt take long took me longer cause not being able to stand for long times. I did enjoy making this not looking forward to the sewing part though. The blanket stitch is going to take awhile to do, plus I still have to put the bottom on.

verna2197 03-29-2018 10:08 AM

Love my rubber tipped seam ripper and also the little embroidery scissors that have a curved tip.

verna2197 03-29-2018 10:25 AM

Good Day Quilters, so far we have 12 of us for this months swap. I will not be signing up again this month, still not able to do much shopping plus am having another manipulation done on my knee on the 3rd and I sure hope this one works.

Texastam 03-29-2018 11:46 AM

Verna-I am so sorry your knee is still giving your problems! I hate this for you! I understand about being in pain everyday it gets old and depressing and you just want it gone. I live with it everyday and some days I can't even get out of bed so I totally understand where you are at right now. I will be praying that the doctors will figure out the best plan for you and get it done so you can live a pain free life!!! hugs to you my friend!!!

redstilettos 03-29-2018 12:36 PM

Verna, here's to a speedy recovery, and someone else doing your housework and laundry :D

verna2197 03-29-2018 06:40 PM

Thank you Texastam. I too sure hope the Dr gets it right this time.
redstilettos LOL yes my Dh has been so good to me. Cooking, laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping. I have a real good man.

redstilettos 03-30-2018 08:53 AM

verna, it sounds like it!
But then, it's probably easy to be nice to you, as you are so very kind to everyone here. Here's to your great hubby (clinks glasses)
:)

redstilettos 03-30-2018 08:55 AM

TexasTam: I am glad you mentioned those silicone rubber peel thingies. I ordered some to give away to those participating in my next swap as a gift. I was hoping they were useful! I have an embroidery sewing machine, so lots and lots of different colored thread in my drawers, and they DO get tangled quickly. Yuck!

Crispy_Frog 03-30-2018 02:03 PM

Verna- I really know how miserable a touchy knee can be. I had my left knee replaced 3 times. I really feel for you. Take it easy and enjoy the pampering!

Crispy_Frog 03-30-2018 02:07 PM

Texastam- I really like my Olipfa lip-edge ruler. it acts like a T-square and hooks on to the edge of the cutting mat. It is my go-to ruler. I like my Fons and Porter ergonomic seam ripper. I have one in every room of the house. It isn't advertised as such, but it has a rubber end that also "erases" the loose threads.