Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

givio 10-27-2020 05:30 PM

Thanks for your effort with the picture, Mona!
carriem, Your choice of black/golden yellow goes great with the honey bee theme that was going on, And your half hexies, sure make a cute scalloped edge to finish that top. Well done! You are sure lucky to have such a big wall for taking a picture. :-)

carriem 10-27-2020 06:07 PM

Thanks givio :) My design wall is 2 sheets of foam insulation (4x8) that we covered with flannel backed tablecloth (flannel side out). I can stack them/stand them up next to the wall when not in use and spread out as needed for a bigger project. I like that smaller things will just stick to the flannel, but as projects grow I can just stick pins through the foam.

sewbizgirl 10-27-2020 06:22 PM

Carrie, what a beautiful finish on Sharon's quilt! The edges look like scallops a bit. Super nice!

maryb119 10-27-2020 06:23 PM

Love the bees!!!

my-ty 10-27-2020 06:47 PM

Congratulations to all the amazing quilters in these 2 Round Robins. Each time the quilts have changed hands, I contemplated (as a bystander) what I would do if I received it and honestly I was stumped every time. I have been amazed and astounded by your choices and how the look and feel of the quilts evolved. Excellent job by everyone!

sewbizgirl 10-27-2020 08:01 PM

Thank you my-ty! Honestly, my first step when I get one of the quilts, is to stare at it and obsess over what to do for the first week or so. Eventually an idea comes. I do think about the quilt night and day until 'the idea' comes. This RR was a great exercise in trusting your own creativity.

Iceblossom 10-28-2020 03:03 AM

Hello all. I've been quiet these last couple of weeks as once again I'm having issues with the outside world. Trying to not get political but I'm tired of the divisions and want to become more united. We had a nice Tuesday group yesterday but my it is getting colder... we are trying to figure out options on how to meet for the winter.

But --- quilting is going well. Turned out I had one more batch of 9-patches coming and they are in now.

I am soooo excited with my border for this round. All the wonderful work that went on before me has made each of these rounds so unique and fun -- and hard. If I can achievement my mental image on this, I'm going to consider myself good :)

I'm really going to be interested in the quilting down part, that is always my nemesis. Any of you thinking in advance? You going to go fancy or basic and overall?

sewbizgirl 10-28-2020 06:02 AM

Hello Caroline and all, hope you are enjoying these cooler temps!

C, can't wait to see the round you envision. As for quilting, I might change my mind when I have my quilt in hand, but for now I am thinking to do each round custom quilted... no basic overall. I'll let each round speak to me. Not too fancy, tho. Outline and echo seem to be the way to go.

According to my tracking with USPS, Reba should have received her quilt. Waiting to hear...

klaws 10-28-2020 06:19 AM

I am in awe of all the finished quilts so far. They are a work of art and I envy your talent. Great job ladies!

travelinggramma 10-28-2020 06:41 AM

Carriemn – you made the final row of bugaroo’s top perfect. I had loved the material but adding the scallop or should I say hives is a stroke of genius. This is one beeeautiful quilt – thanks to all the hands.
Mona – another great finish. I hope Carrie can get a better photo shot of your add on.
Mona – all the work in your top is truly lost with a camera! My mom asked what you would do with it and now I can tell her you will hang it up because it truly is a work of art. Glad you like it!
Sewbizgirl – love your steps! All our preconceived ideas go out the window upon receipt of the quilt. Then obsession takes over and we think of it constantly, auditioning fabric, going thru books and online to see if anything sparks and light. And the most important – trust our creativity. Because we all think differently, and see it differently and thus add on differently and that’s what makes a round robin so special!