Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2022-2-5-birthday-swap-t317206.html)

WMUTeach 01-08-2022 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Loveofquilts (Post 8529596)
Okey dokey, I'm here. Sorry, I didn't realize that we needed to switch to this thread. How funny is that? Lol! Do we have any newbies yet? This is my 2nd year, I feel so lucky to be part of it again!

Don't forget to "subscribe" to this thread. I did and could not figure out why I never got notifications of when there were posts. "Duh" what a dolt I can be sometimes. :)

I did contact GEMM who had made comment on last years thread but she would like to wait and join us another year. She will be one of our "swap lurkers" this year. .

I have been sewing up 2.5s but don't have any finishes yet. So far this week... nearly 1000 squares gone into quilts but nothing finished yet. One top finished but not layered and quilted and a second top 3/4 done but I may add another column of squares to make the size more balanced.I have nearly enough finished in that color way already. Photos later this week along with my Arkansas Crossroads. .

This sewing frenzy started when I discovered a HUGE pile of 16 patch blocks and a few 49 patch blocks and some random 4 patches all hiding out in my UFO basket. Not all of the blocks play nice together but some will and they will be stitched together as pure scrappy postage stamp utility quilts for donation to PL. The rest will wait for friend to join the UFO basket or a stroke of genius to come to me.

I think I am going to track how may of these little sweeties I use this year. Anyone with me?

And.... Ta-Da we have a new member to our group, Gannyrosie. We are now at 14.

Loveofquilts 01-08-2022 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 8529760)
My second year, too! We're candy twins twice over now! (same bday and second year newbies) What have you been doing with your candies?

Hahaha! That's great! Well I organized them into colors and that's a far as I've gotten. I started making rag quilts for all of my nephews and a couple of quilts for my sisters. The year for away from me. :) I'm making string blocks right now with my scraps. I'll get around to doing something with them. I'm really glad you asked me.

Besides your cute little ghost, what have you done with your candies?

sewbizgirl 01-08-2022 10:31 PM

Hello, Gannyrosie! Welcome aboard!

sewbizgirl 01-08-2022 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a baby quilt I made with nearly all my pink charms.

Loveofquilts 01-09-2022 05:19 PM

Oh sewbizgirl that is so pretty! I love it.

Welcome gannyrosie, hope you enjoy our group. :)

Loveofquilts 01-09-2022 05:19 PM

I think I've subscribed now, I'm getting 2 emails a day. :) So funny.

Gannyrosie 01-09-2022 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8529875)
Hello, Gannyrosie! Welcome aboard!

thanks sewbizgirl. Haven't been on the board since 2018-19,. I had switched to making lots of things since my grand daughter was born, though never stopped quilting. Looking to participate again.

WMUTeach 01-10-2022 03:33 AM

Good to see you on the thread, Gannyrosie. :)

WMUTeach 01-10-2022 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this photo on the Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts posting on FB today. Doesn't this just fit our love of 2.5's? Yes, indeed and an easy one to figure out. No pattern name or source was provided.

NZquilter 01-10-2022 07:52 AM

WMUTeach, the pattern is Patches of Life by Eleanor Burns. I love this pattern and it is on my bucket list! That's for reminding me of it.