Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2022-2-5-birthday-swap-t317206.html)

ibex94 01-12-2022 11:20 AM

Such beautiful quilts being shared! Wow!!

ibex94 01-12-2022 11:21 AM

aborning.... are you peeking at your bday candies or just letting the stack grow?

WMUTeach 01-12-2022 11:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are my first two flimsies for 2022. They will get layered the end of the month at my quilt group work day and quilted in February. I made a HUGE number of 16 patches for the Debbie Brown Color Blocks but did not continue with the challenge. I found the blocks and decided to make the first one with the cheddar sashing. I have enough 16 patch blocks to make at least two more quilt tops, but will hold off and move to some other projects for this month.

The third quilt is a re-post from last November. I used birthday swap squares from the 2021 swap as a "memory" of what I received in last year's swap. Yup, that needs to be layered and quilted too I was going to add a final frame but now, I think not. I will likely use a scrappy binding to wrap it up.

I am tracking my number of 2.5's used this year. To date: 1500 (Not counting last year's swap quilt because it was made in 2021.)

Lovely quilts, Gannyrosie. Looking forward photos of your next quilt adventure.

NZquilter 01-12-2022 12:44 PM

Gannyrosie, both quilts are stunning! But your hexie quilt needs a blue ribbon-- WOW!!!

WMUTeach, you have been busy and your tops are absolutely beautiful! I see some of my candies; always fun to play I Spy! I love the idea of making one block with each member's candies. I might do something like that this year.

Gannyrosie 01-12-2022 04:48 PM

NZquilter, thank you. Love seeing all your scrsppy's, giving me ideas..

sewbiz, a unique pink and green scrappy, love it.
Ibox94, is your quilt in the vintage chain family. I still have lots of candies to cut from scraps and it's as design I've not done.

​​​

WMUTeach 01-12-2022 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 8530518)
aborning.... are you peeking at your bday candies or just letting the stack grow?

I did send her a message and asked for a list, but she may be and rightly so, be posting her list in the "old thread". I will zip over there to see. This time of year is a little tricky with two swap threads going on at the same time.

NZ, I really liked making one block with the candies from my birthday envelopes. I will certainly do it again. I wish I had done it all along. I would have quite a pile of quilts, as would you.

sewbizgirl 01-12-2022 05:17 PM

JENNR8R asked me to let you all know that she is in the hospital with bilateral covid pneumonia. Please pray she recovers soon! She also said she will probably be a month late starting this swap, but will catch up when she gets home.

Lord, heal Jennifer soon!

NZquilter 01-12-2022 06:23 PM

That is terrible news about Jennr8r! I'll certainly add her to my prayers.

ibex94 01-12-2022 08:20 PM

Sending prayers to Jennr8r. Thank you for letting us know, Sewbizgirl.

ibex94 01-12-2022 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie (Post 8530560)
Ibox94, is your quilt in the vintage chain family. I still have lots of candies to cut from scraps and it's as design I've not done.​​​

Gannyrosie, I wish I could claim that quilt as mine! I'm just gathering quilt ideas. I hope to produce lots of larger candy based quilts like those that most everyone else in this group has done. I'm just a dreamer at this point. WMUteach is knocking them out so quickly this month. That is one crazy busy quilting queen!