Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2022-2-5-birthday-swap-t317206.html)

ibex94 10-09-2022 03:51 PM

Jennr8r -- awwww man.... No candy treasures from my corner of the world have arrived in your box yet. I am getting deeply worried about the postal system here. I can't escape bad service and I thought I had! My fingers are crossed. There is no mail delivery Monday but surely by Tuesday.....

WMUTeach 10-09-2022 04:29 PM

Ahaw, ibex94, hang in here. I know you are a faithful swapper and it will all work out eventually.

My Christmas/winter candy charms will be going out this week before I leave for my quilt retreat on Friday morning. Since there is no mail pick-up tomorrow, we all have a day of grace to pack those little packages for the post office. ;)

Tick, Tick, Tick! if you are planning on participating in the content from post # 887 . Midnight is the deadline to be in the running for 10 fat quarters donated by a swapper from past years. (Yeah, I just saw the incorrect date. So to be fair, I went with the day, Sunday and not the date.)

Crispy_Frog 10-09-2022 05:34 PM

Hello Jennr8r and all- I have to apologize for being late and messing up your perfect birthday record. I've had too much personal stuff going on. Jenn, you should get yours from me this week. Anyone else I have missed at all this year, please let me know!
I will be back on track soon!
Judy/Crispy

WMUTeach 10-10-2022 03:27 PM

Drum Roll Please ...... Our winners of 10 Fat Quarters are....... JENNR8R and Loveofquilts! Congratulations, swappers!

1. What is the origin of the word October? Yes, dear swappers October was once the 8th month of the calendar thus named Octo meaning eight. The old Roman calendar started in March, so October was the eighth month. When the Roman senate changed the calendar in 153 BCE, the new year started in January, and October became the tenth month.

2. When is the Hunter's Moon this year? The Hunter's Moon was October 9 this year. Did any one see it? Brilliant photos on line of this year's Hunter's moon.

3. How is the date of the Hunters Moon determined? The Hunter's Moon is the first full Moon after the Harvest Moon (which was in September this year), which in turn is the closest full Moon to the autumn equinox.

4. People born in October _______ ________! (JENNR8R is a luck duck.) The answer I found was long life, but others mentioned specific October birthday people. They all work.

5. Autumn was once called _________________. Harvest

6. What was the original name of candy corn? (This will make you giggle.) In the late 1880's candy corn was called "Chicken Feed" and featured a picture of a rooster as a logo.

7. How much candy corn is produced each year? 35 million pounds

****Bonus: How many pieces of candy corn are produced each year? Approximately 9 Billion kernels.

Thank you again, DJMat for the wonderful gift for our content. Enjoy your new fabric choices, swappers.

JENNR8R 10-10-2022 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8570599)
Drum Roll Please ...... Our winners of 10 Fat Quarters are....... JENNR8R and Loveofquilts! Congratulations, swappers!

Woo Hoo! I'm a winner! Thank you so much djmat and WMUTeach! Such a wonderful extra birthday gift. :)

ibex94 and Crispy Frog... do not worry about the mail... I'm not... They will arrive whenever, and it is okay!

Loveofquilts 10-11-2022 06:21 AM

Hot diggity dog, I won! Thank you so much djmat, this was a fun contest. 💗 All of my Xmas envelopes are in the mailbox waiting to be picked up today. I totally forgot that yesterday was a holiday, so they have been sitting in there since yesterday. Lol!

I just saw an idea that would work for our candies. https://youtu.be/DhP0DdAdq2c
It's a grid of candies and then you sash over the top with whatever color sash you'd like. She didn't show how she finished it with quilting but it should not be hard.

JENNR8R 10-11-2022 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lookie, lookie... I've got cookies... errr, I mean candies. :)

Thank you everyone. I'm going to enjoy opening up all these envelopes tomorrow!

ibex94 10-11-2022 03:38 PM

Happy Birthday ahead of time, Jennr8r! I am thrilled mine got there on time!

Congrats to you and Loveofquilts for your awesome trivia abilities.

Loveofquilts, that quilt as you go candy sashing video is very doable! That may be what the Christmas Swap candies morph into.

Almost all my Christmas candies are cut. One more fabric to go. Mailing won't happen until tomorrow or Thursday.

djmat 10-11-2022 03:49 PM

FQs Contest winners pkgs mailed today! Hope you enjoy them!!!
hugs,
DJ

sewbizgirl 10-11-2022 07:18 PM

Happy Birthday a little bit early, Jennr8r! Hope you enjoy all of your candies!