Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2022-2-5-birthday-swap-t317206.html)

sewbizgirl 10-22-2022 10:16 PM

Yes, fussy cut when needed. Obviously an all over small print will not need to be centered. Just look at the square and ask yourself, “does this make sense as a stand alone design?” If your answer is no, I probably wouldn’t use it or send it to someone else. And not just the Christmas ones, but all the birthday ones too. There are always some I cull because of how they were cut.

Very cute doll blanket, WMUTeach. I’m making some pairs of little shorts for those boxes, too. So much fun.

Macybaby 10-23-2022 04:01 AM

I try to pick prints that will be OK without fussy cutting for candy swaps, since fussy cutting them would greatly increase the amount of time. I normally stack five layers and cut them together.

Since almost all of what I make are more color related than subject, I don't usually worry about candies that weren't fussy cut as it does not matter. I've done I-spy, and then it did matter. I will only toss them if they are either undersized or not cut square, or very thin fabric.

There is one time I tossed a bunch of non fussy cut pieces. I was using a toile print, and it had a horse pulling a sleigh going away, and the horse had it's tail up. Now, it was not anatomically correct, but I did toss all the small triangles that had nothing but the back end of the horse with it's tail raised!

sewbizgirl 10-23-2022 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8572307)
I try to pick prints that will be OK without fussy cutting for candy swaps, since fussy cutting them would greatly increase the amount of time. I normally stack five layers and cut them together.

I do that too... but then I look through them all, cull the bad ones and only send the good ones.

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8572307)
There is one time I tossed a bunch of non fussy cut pieces. I was using a toile print, and it had a horse pulling a sleigh going away, and the horse had it's tail up. Now, it was not anatomically correct, but I did toss all the small triangles that had nothing but the back end of the horse with it's tail raised!

Ha ha... I would too, tho it would make a pretty funny quilt.

LogCabin82 10-24-2022 08:28 AM

Thanks for the pretty Christmas Candies, Macybaby! :)

Loveofquilts 10-24-2022 01:33 PM

I received the 2 packages of charms from Macybaby today. I'm only lacking 2 envelopes now. Woohoo! These are beautiful fabrics that I'm receiving from all.

ibex94 10-24-2022 02:47 PM

Horses tail up..... that would make a great item to include in someone's quilt that I tend to get annoyed with... You may ask why I would make a quilt for someone I get annoyed with... You can pick your friends but not your family is all I'm going to say, lol. I love all God's creatures but can be annoyed by them, too, cause that's how God designed me. Doesn't stop the love from trying to burst through..... or hasn't yet. Until I'm dead, I won't know.

ibex94 10-24-2022 02:54 PM

WMUteach -- beautiful doll quilt!

sewbizgirl 10-24-2022 04:30 PM

Got my Christmas candies from Kele today! Thank you Kele... every one is a beauty!

WMUTeach 10-24-2022 05:46 PM

Three Christmas swap packages down and two to go. Loving them and will put them to use.

Gannyrosie 10-25-2022 04:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 641062Finished my daughter's table cloth. Decided to refurbish a flannel sheets as the backing. Thanks for the help. My use of candies as I watch tv.