Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2023-birthday-candy-swap-2-5-squares-t319676.html)

travelinggramma 08-27-2023 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8614360)
TG, what an adorable little girl, obviously loving her I Spy Quilt! Is that your granddaughter? She's a doll!

My 2.5 quilt is in the same place it was last time I showed it! Still just a top.

she is my son’s Goddaughter.

travelinggramma 08-27-2023 03:12 PM

On Monday morning I turn 69! I needed to write that down. Not sure how I managed it!
I opened all those envelopes and reviewed them all again this day. All the wonderful candies and treats and personal notes and all the time it took to put them together. Whew! It is so meaningful. Some years are like that. As I look back on this past year, all I did was to strive to be on Gods path for me. It wasn’t easy, and I think it won’t get any easier this coming year. I just strive to stay on the correct path that He made for me.
thank you one and all.

WMUTeach 08-27-2023 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Birthday, Travelinggramma. A birthday is not just a number but a call to celebrate another year in your walk. Celebrate wildly as you enjoy your walk with the Lord. Maybe go play with your little gems of color as you count your blessings. ;)

Quossum 08-27-2023 04:38 PM

And….it’s done! Today I dropped the three envelopes for the September birthday ladies into the mail slot, so they should be on the move come Monday.

My life has been pure chaos lately, so even this small triumph is giving me something to celebrate!

WMUTeach 08-28-2023 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Quossum (Post 8614512)
And….it’s done! Today I dropped the three envelopes for the September birthday ladies into the mail slot, so they should be on the move come Monday.

My life has been pure chaos lately, so even this small triumph is giving me something to celebrate!

Sometimes those little celebrations are just what we need to keep our head above water and paddling a little longer and harder, Quossum. Have a blessed day full of successes.

Janice McC 08-28-2023 06:20 AM

Happy Birthday, Travelinggramma! Hope you enjoy your special day!

Gemm 08-28-2023 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 8614343)
I have been working on making fidget quilts for the Veterans and nursing homes.

Great I Spy quilt, travelinggramma. I also love how you've included crocheted granny squares in your fidget quilts. :-)

WMUTeach 08-28-2023 10:50 AM

Monday's mail delivery had two temptations. One was a new LLBean Catalog featuring warm snuggly sweaters.... and the other was another envelop of wee bit-o-squares.

1. JENNR8R
2. Janice McC
3. bjsmith57
4. Logcabin82
5. Rebaquilts
6. Patrick's Mom
7. LAF2019
8. Sewbizgirl
9. Crispy_frog

sewbizgirl 08-28-2023 11:04 AM

Have a wonderful birthday, TG!!!

ibex94 08-28-2023 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRAVELINGGRAMMA!!! It is a joy to celebrate you! Enjoy yourself today! I hope you are celebrating with all the extended family!