Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2023-birthday-candy-swap-2-5-squares-t319676.html)

ahwu 04-04-2023 07:32 PM

Crispy Frog, got your package today... Thank you

LogCabin82 04-04-2023 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 8595566)
Attachment 643325 Got it turned.

that is so cute, Pet! My mom would love this quilt!

Gemm 04-05-2023 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there, one of your resident lurkers here - happy birthday to all of you early celebrators!

I've posted this in Fabric Moratorium as it was all from stash, but I thought you would appreciate it as well since all of the squares/HSTs were 2.5" unfinished. It's the first time I've tried to do a scrappy background like this and while I had to redo a few of the leaves because my sense of values was off, I'm really excited by how it turned out. Thanks for the inspiration you all post here!

Gannyrosie 04-05-2023 01:05 PM

I'm so happy to see all my April bd pkgs have finally arrived. Amazing how some get there within a week and others longer, now I can rest easy.
pet, that is such a cute chicken quilt.

ibex94 04-05-2023 01:25 PM

Gemm -- gorgeous!!!

Pet-- love the chickens, too.

And that scalloped-edged quilt is adorable, Gannyrosie! Is it a baby quilt? Your floor slats make the quilt look at least twin-sized.

WMUTeach 04-05-2023 04:26 PM

Gemm, such a lovely quilt. You should be excited. The colors are so soothing. The scrappy light background is inspiring. Do you recall the source of the quilt pattern or the name of the pattern? It looks familiar but, my head is full of quilts and I can't recall the name Perhaps, it is one of your own design. Please, keep lurking and sharing your successes with 2.5s. It is wonderful to hear from old friends and members from previous years. .

sewbizgirl 04-05-2023 05:55 PM

Beautiful quilt, Gemm! Thanks for sharing it here.

Gemm 04-06-2023 07:06 AM

Thanks, everyone for the encouragement. :-) WMUTeach, it didn't come from a specific pattern, other than the actual maple leaf block. I wanted it to reach a specific size but didn't really want to put borders around all sides which is why I did the row of flying geese at the top and bottom. As I said, it's nothing at all like I had first planned as my original intention was to use a focus fabric as a sort of panel and then work the falling leaves and FG around it but it just sort of morphed into something I like much better! I credit all of you for the wonderful ideas you share - it's so inspiring!

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8595823)
Gemm, such a lovely quilt. You should be excited. The colors are so soothing. The scrappy light background is inspiring. Do you recall the source of the quilt pattern or the name of the pattern? It looks familiar but, my head is full of quilts and I can't recall the name Perhaps, it is one of your own design. .

LogCabin82 04-06-2023 07:53 AM

I got candies from all 19 participants! :) Thank you! :) :)

sewbizgirl 04-06-2023 06:42 PM

I believe I was close to 19 received when I left to go out of town a few days ago. I won't be home to check my mailbox for a while, so if you sent your candies in the last few days they are probably at my house waiting for me. Since I'm not sure when I'll be home, WMUT please mark any more I have coming as "received". Thank you.