Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

CountryHouseQuilter 11-01-2012 04:57 PM

JuneBillie - I put up a wrought iron tree. I found it on one of my trips to PA for fabric. It is shaped like a cone (tree) with rings every foot or so. There is an iron star at the top. DH got me zip ties and I zip tied clear lights to its "ribs". The light string is dark brown so it blends in. Right now there is also a string of autumn lights on it, that have leaves, squash and corn. Found them at JoAnn's in the summer. I have Shammrock lights, easter egg lights, flip flop lights and heart lights. I use just the clear ones that are on it at Christmas. And I'm always looking for different lights after the holidays. I'll try and take a picture and post it so you can see.

lynnie 11-01-2012 05:26 PM

My tress were 3" to 3-1/2" high. My office was only about 16 x 16.
my sewing room was about 25' sq.with a hugh 10' sq table in the middle to lay out things.

lynnie 11-01-2012 05:28 PM

Chq i had those lights. Wasnt extra fun to find them lillian vernon always something neat for the trees

cuppy 11-01-2012 05:32 PM

I have sent both ornaments out,you should receive soon. I have received one! a bell and a cat! Waiting for 2cd one,hopefully soon.

dluvs2quilt 11-01-2012 07:21 PM

Cuppy,
Thank-you for the lovely cross stitch santa oranament. You did such beautiful needlework!!! Can't wait to put up my tree and hang the ornament.
Take care and have a good day
dluvs2quilt

Anastasia 11-01-2012 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5627584)
That is a pretty ornament Anastasia, now how do you do that? Where is the pattern to make those? Would love to make a few for my craft show.

Those are the ones where you take a styrofoam (smooth kind) ball and you draw segments, then cut on your line, then shove the fabric in. As you can see in that pic one of the segments got a little too much glue. You don't have to use glue but I painted a little on, it helped keep the fabric from just sliding from side to side as I shoved. But that was the one I mentioned where I said I was shoving just to the side of my line and made a groove that didn't belong so then I hotglued the trim over the segment joints. They weren't even remotely equally segmented out cause I suck at that. I found youtube videos for those. You can just search youtube for fabric ornaments and look in the list for the ball ones that dont' look like the folded stars. Though you can find the folded star ones on there as well. they're so easy.

ljdugas31 11-01-2012 07:28 PM

Cuppy THANK YOU for my cross-stich ornament i love it....

dluvs2quilt 11-01-2012 07:45 PM

You can have a small christmas tree up year round about 3ft tall and decorate with pink and red hearts for valentines
day,and St .Patricks day with coins,shamrocks, green hats,for Easter with easter eggs,flowers,small baskets,4th of July flags,stars,Haloween pumpkins, fall leaves, etc. The craft stores also carry small foam shapes in plastic tubs that have a sticky side you can punch a hole at the top of the foam shapes and hang from the trees with ornament hooks.
Note: Dont stick the foam shapes to glass.Or you will spend a lot of time removing them.Lesson learned!!
dluvs2quilt

dluvs2quilt 11-01-2012 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5626986)
What kind of tree do you folks put up as an all year round tree? I would like to do this.

Check out #758

annt59 11-01-2012 10:17 PM

Received Christmas ornament

1 Attachment(s)
I am the luck recipient of Anastatia's gorgeous ornament. Thanks. I love it and the handmade box and the Godiva chocolates.