Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   5" Color Theme Charm Swap - ORANGE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/5-color-theme-charm-swap-orange-t290823.html)

moonrise 08-30-2017 04:34 PM

I'm up now. Yawn! :D PM sent to join, max # of sets. I bought my orange fabrics a few weeks ago, since I had very little in my stash. I'm not sure why, because orange quilts can be very striking! :thumbup:

Jane Quilter 08-30-2017 05:09 PM

dj, send me the white with orange flowers and green vines. Looks 80% to me (because I am Blind) lol. no, really, I love that print....it is so delicate....and with the pink/coral , it makes your block a real beauty........Jane

moonrise 08-30-2017 10:34 PM

Squares are cut and ready to mail! :) Is it a good time to go ahead and send them, or should I wait until after Labor Day?

Redstilettos, cover your eyes! Don't read the next paragraph! tee hee :D :p

(whispering) It's not a requirement, of course, but if possible, let's include a "little extra something" in our mailers for our swap hostess, for all her time and effort involved in hosting. A fat quarter, some extra charms, some jelly roll strips, small handmade items, etc. all make fun hostess gifts! :)

Okay, Red. You can uncover your eyes now. LOL!

redstilettos 08-31-2017 04:45 AM

LOL moonrise, you just totally cracked me up.

But on that note, NO gifts are required. I really just do this to make friends and to make our quilting lives fun and exciting. Because sometimes petting fabric isn't enough for me. LOL

I think a lot of people are on board to not include Halloween fabric. I, personally, don't have any, but wouldn't care if I did, but do understand people that don't. This is really up to you whether or not you want to participate, but Jane did bring up a good point of none of the swaps indicated holiday fabric. So...your choice. I hope you join, but totally understand if you don't want to.

I have to go to the store for more orange if I want to participate. What am I talking about. Of course I want to! :D Again...petting fabric. SO much better than an antidepressant pill! LOL

Have a great day ladies!

Faintly Artistic 08-31-2017 06:07 AM

I'm in! Thanks for letting me know what y'all would be sending...helped me decide. This past year I have grown to love orange and have bought a bunch. Just didn't want to trade pretties for holiday stuff I wouldn't use. :o
Dj, I like the scroll fabric in your 3rd block.

redstilettos 08-31-2017 08:51 AM

I love that scroll, too. Yummy!

hav4boys 08-31-2017 09:17 AM

I bought all my material yesterday. I never realized how many beautiful shades of orange there are. Cut them this weekend and get them out.

Crispy_Frog 08-31-2017 09:34 AM

OK, I'm in as long as the holiday is at a minimum or nil. I was just betting that the next color was going to be Red. I was so sure of it! I stocked up! Oh well, now I have to go shopping again.

djmat 08-31-2017 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579849[/ATTACH]
Is this orange too white or should I include it?

barbarakibler23 08-31-2017 07:23 PM

sorry ladies...not enough orange here.....I will be sitting this one out.

Have fun!