Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   5" Color Theme Charm Swap - ORANGE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/5-color-theme-charm-swap-orange-t290823.html)

Faintly Artistic 09-26-2017 05:21 AM

You have a job, right? I say do whatever fits your schedule since you are a busy lady and do multiple swaps. I mainly posted the above as it was getting awfully quiet around here;). Do what seems best for you.

AnnieQuilts 09-26-2017 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic (Post 7913892)
You have a job, right? I say do whatever fits your schedule since you are a busy lady and do multiple swaps. I mainly posted the above as it was getting awfully quiet around here;). Do what seems best for you.

I agree! Anticipation is part of the fun.

Crispy_Frog 09-26-2017 07:03 AM

I agree with what Faintly said: do this on your own schedule, Red. You are the key player here. All in good time.

(Although, DJ had a great poem!)

djmat 09-26-2017 09:30 AM

Red, your timing is perfect, no worries. So glad you are our host!!!
I apologize if I put any pressure on you which is not my intention. Just excited to see the new charms & acting silly over all the pretty colors.
Practicing my happy dance & planning a new quilt using the colorful charms when we get however many colors in however many swaps you or others host. You're doing wonderful hosting!!!

hugs,
dj

sewbizgirl 09-26-2017 10:18 AM

I think the sign up time could be shortened. Most of the participants are the same players carrying forward, so there really isn't so much time required to fill up the roster. Then, once signed up, cutting and mailing should be able to happen in a week, or 10 days at the longest. Just my two cents!

Faintly Artistic 09-26-2017 03:01 PM

Well, I ordered red and yellow prints for future swaps because I have very little in my stash...with my luck, the next colors will be Gray. (Only have 2 pieces, and that's only cuz my daughter likes gray). :D

jaba 09-26-2017 06:16 PM

Red, as far as my opinion it's your swap and your rules. You can never make everyone happy and all you can do is to try to get a happy medium. One thought....not knowing everyone's financial capabilities they may need a month if they have to make a purchase of 1 or 2 fabrics to send as much as they can and get different swatches, plus it's more bang for your buck as far as postage is concerned. Hope this makes sense?..at any rate I think it's just fine the way you have it, IMHO

djmat 09-27-2017 09:54 AM

Finished 5 projects since Monday, on a roll here. Christmas hurry!
Such a fine Wednesday in my work room!!!
Happy stitching & hugs,
dj

jaba 09-27-2017 10:05 AM

We want to see them dj, pictures please

redstilettos 09-28-2017 03:00 PM

I just received the final package. I will begin to separate tomorrow and will hopefully get them out by Saturday!

Yay!