Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-2014-pincushion-needlecase-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-april-1st-t243898.html)

nhnative 03-26-2014 04:33 AM

I woke up this morning and looked outside and so much snow. They said we were going to get .8". I just went out to shovel at least 2 1/2". So they are wrong again. I only have to babysit until 11 today and then the other grandmother takes over for the rest of the week. I hope I can get something done. Have a great day

lauriejo 03-26-2014 05:12 AM

Well I guess this is going to be an old fashioned Ohio winter. It has been a long time, but I can remember many winters with constant snow through March. And at least a few with occasional snow flurries into May. It just isn't as much fun now as it was as a child.

cherrio 03-26-2014 07:09 AM

yes, Oh likes to drag winter out! I was married april 16, 1988 and it snowed! I wished I had bought a pretty sweater at least. even my dress coat tho warm enough spoiled the look I was going for. lol and I'm in for a pincushion. PMing you now

lawsonmugs 03-26-2014 07:12 AM

Lauriejo thanks for showing us the tally also. Like Lynnie said we like to see too. Have a great day everyone.

lynnie 03-26-2014 09:57 AM

Yeah!, no snow, a lot of wind, a lot about 35-40 mph.
wind alert for the entire day.
It's cold here about 32*
stay warm everyone.

nhnative 03-26-2014 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lynnie You are lucky that you didn't get any snow. It's 23 here right now and windy.

Cherrio I just heard that this is the coldest winter in 102 years in Ohio. I used to laugh when the people here would complain about the winter. I'm not laughing this year

Laurie I'm in for 2 pincushions for April, I'll PM you
This is what I saw today in the Brecksville Reservation

lauriejo 03-26-2014 10:47 AM

Yippee a new swapper, welcome to our merry band cherrio!
Pat is that a dog or ????

nhnative 03-26-2014 11:05 AM

It's a coyote. This is the spot I see them all the time but this is the first one I've seen this winter. Since his coat is so dark I guess I can only see him when there is snow

eyes 03-26-2014 11:56 AM

I would like to join in for a pincushion and needlebook, please. Please don't expect anything out of this world like the photos I have seen in the past.

Linda Lee in Pa.

eyes 03-26-2014 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by nhnative (Post 6646074)
It's a coyote. This is the spot I see them all the time but this is the first one I've seen this winter. Since his coat is so dark I guess I can only see him when there is snow

We are suppose to have many around here but I have yet to see one and I'm not sure I would know what it is if I did see one except if it was in a pack. Looks a lot like a dog to me. I do worry about it when we are working outside as we have a small survey business.